Corporate Health Promotion Specialist Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
This is a 20 hour per week position. Because it is part-time, benefits are not offered for this position.
JOB OBJECTIVE: This role will be responsible for supporting Promega?s wellness programs in the aim of developing a culture of wellness and healthy lifestyle choices.
1. Partner with existing resources (Wellness Committee, Wellness Center, Benefits) to develop, promote, deliver and evaluate health and wellness programming to meet the needs and interests of Promega employees.
2. Assist with aspects of program delivery such as registering participants, reserving facilities, preparing promotional materials, securing gifts/giveaways, tracking and analyzing results, etc.
3. Assist with or instruct fitness classes. Evaluate new fitness class offerings.
4. Promote and provide wellness orientations on our fitness facilities and wellness offerings on a scheduled basis.
5. Be present in our fitness facilities and provide oversight and guidance through the following:
? Manage relationships with equipment and supply vendors.
? Monitor fitness equipment performance.
? Monitor facility cleanliness.
? Monitor supplies within the fitness facilities (towels, wipes, shower products, etc.).
? Developing a plan to replace/rotate equipment.
? Teach employees how to use the equipment.
? Provide personal training services.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business and wellness programs.
1. Provide back up to the administrative assistant in the Wellness Center.
2. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associate degree in a health related field.
2. One to three years progressive experience identifying appropriate wellness programs, designing programs and implementing them.
3. Demonstrated ability to express ideas, recommendations and decisions verbally and in writing.
4. Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
5. Demonstrated and advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
6. Demonstrated professionalism and tact in dealing with internal and external customers.
7. AFFA or ACE certification to include experience in exercise scripting in aerobic and anaerobic conditioning as well as fitness equipment orientation.
8. Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret fitness evaluation with the ability to administer different protocol using a variety of exercise equipment pieces.
9. Ability to work on a flexible schedule to accommodate early morning or late afternoon fitness class instruction and personal training sessions.
10. Current Red Cross CPR/First Aid certification.
1. Experience working as part of a corporate wellness team.
2. Excellent organization skills.
1. This position requires that someone can sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone.
2. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items.
3. The employee will need to be able to lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED