Corporate Meeting and Events Manager Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Corporate Meeting and Events Manager is responsible for the project management and execution of Splunk's meetings and events (including SKO, PKO, President's Club, Field New Hire, Leadership Events, QBR Support and .conf).
This position supports the development of new and existing events, and ensures that all related activities support the overall strategy set forth by each event owner.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following for these events (SKO, PKO, President's Club, Field New Hire, Leadership Events, QBR Support and .conf).:
- Food and beverage and meal planning logistics across events
- Potential to bring in all event planning/ logistics
- All logistical planning around PKO, eliminating need for 3rd party meeting planner for 2+ years
- Project management
- Budget tracking
- Venue and vendor sourcing
- Contract negotiation
- Vendor management
- Registration services
- Communication and collateral coordination
- Additional vendor management for pre-negotiated pricing on AV, F&B, internet and meeting room/ hotel room rates to be used across all events
Additional Responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring a consistently high level of quality across all event activities.
- Continually identify, propose, and implement cost-savings opportunities.
- Engage appropriate counterparts to gain best-practice knowledge and market trends outside of Splunk, which enhance internally-produced events.
- Support other event marketing efforts at various points in the year as assigned.
Desired Skill Set:
- 5+ years of experience in event project management, executive event production, and/or conference production, in a fast-paced setting.
- Proven success in managing external vendors and suppliers.
- Must be exceptionally detail-oriented and able to successfully manage multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines.
- Positive and consistent customer service orientation. Professional interpersonal skills for a spectrum of stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly-competent budget development and management skills.
- Resourceful, self-starter.
- Flexible in a fast-paced setting with competing and ever-changing tasks.
- Sense of urgency and strong work ethic.
- Computer skills required (at a minimum): Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED