Cost Accountant SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Finance | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
The SpaceX Finance Department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. The functions within the department include accounting, controls, budgets, and oversight of all financial operations. As SpaceX becomes the overall market leader, they will position us to maximize valuation, fuel growth and ensure achievement.
- Complete month-end close tasks ensuring strict adherence to the closing schedule
- Monthly review, analysis and reporting of purchase price variances, manufacturing variances and scrap
- Converts inventory from Standard Cost to GAAP basis to meet GAAP standards
- Monthly Excess & Obsolesce (E&O) review
- Preparation of month-end journal entries and account reconciliations as assigned
- Annual establishment and subsequent maintenance of sourced goods and manufactured parts standard costs
- Respond to questions from internal departments and external sources such as auditors
- Research cost accounting issues as they develop
- Documents the cost accounting activities to ensure consistent and efficient process and procedures.
- Tests system upgrades for proper accuracy and effectiveness to meet established standards.
- Various ad hoc analysis and projects to assist with management of the business
- Bachelor's Degree required (CPA preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years of Accounting experience with a manufacturing entity (Cost Accounting preferred)
- Good working knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient computer skills, including Excel
- Experience with Visual Enterprise or other ERP/Accounting software preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, initiative and ability to be a self-starter
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED