Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone.
* You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. Without passion, you would find what we're trying to do too difficult.
* You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
* We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder. You'll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support the Craftsmanship Lead in delivering the highest possible level of vehicle craftsmanship for our products. You will be part of a team that creates and executes world-class interiors in terms of form, function, and luxury.
- Benchmarking of competitor vehicles relative to project reviewing FVPA and handshake assessment. Reports generated from Craftsmanship to be leveled with Engineering team prior to release.
- Target Setting â€" setting of targets to achieve PAT for project gap and flush conditions of key interfaces and FVPA target score.
- Design rules practices to secure delivery of targets.
- Optical Quality/Perceived Quality â€" cross functional integration during design phase to ensure robust release of design via the running of OQ meetings validating the design against the established targets. Generation of the gap plan/ Grey book. Generation of escalation/deviation sheets where forecasted results fail to meet targets for senior management approval and buy-off.
- Cubing Reference Models â€" SRM (Feas Cube) & TRM (Function Cube) technology and implementation into the relevant project. Separate models for Interior and exterior at SRM and combined model for TRM to support Style Freeze and Tooling release getaways.
- DM/DVA â€" Confirmation of the DM/DVA CP output against the established project targets ensureing that a robust GD&T is incorporated within design to deliver robust Craftsmanship.
- Cubing Maturation Models â€" Environmental Cube and Panel Checkign and Body maturation leading up to SoP.
- â€˜A' class surfacing modifications â€" recommendations to resolve issues with key geometric interfaces to deliver Craftsmanship.
- Craftsmanship interface between Tesla engineers and external supploiers.
- BSME or similar qualification minimum.
- Strong numeracy and literacy.
- Good logical reasoning.
- Able to translate business plan to individual objectives for staff.
- Self motivated.
- Acknowledged industry expert in one or more areas, three to five years relevant experience.
- A minimum of five years automotive experience essential.
- Understands roles and needs of different client groups; evidence of working effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve results.
- Ensures procedures and quality standards are clearly communicated and actioned.
- Contributes to process improvement.
- Capable of supporting complex projects.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Fremont, CA |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|