Creative Director, Copywriting Dotomi
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Function: Marketing
About Us: At Dotomi, we are inventing a future of advertising that consumers love because it is personal and relevant. It is a future shaped by bringing together the country?s best technologists and innovative advertising and marketing minds. We take pride in blending technology art and massive data to make a big impact with millions of consumers on a deeply personal level.
Our depth of experience creating large scale one to one advertising messages for some of the biggest brand names positions us as a leader in the online marketing sector. These well known marketers are moving their advertising dollars to Dotomi because we are proven to drive big results- and that is creating rapid growth. If you are looking for a unique, fun and fast paced environment with the opportunity to grow in a creative and dynamic business, then this is the place for you.
The Dotomi Creative Director, Copy, (CDC) establishes the conceptual and stylistic direction for the copywriting staff and orchestrates their day to day work aligning to client strategies and marketing objectives while applying the strategic direction as established by the Creative Directors and SVP Creative. The CDC interfaces with clients and vendors and has final creative copy authority among the team under the SVP Creative. The CDC will typically work on a small number of larger custom clients and is expected to provide a higher level of creative and marketing proficiency including concept, design and production of highly dynamic and personalized ad campaigns. The CDC is expected to apply advanced data-driven creative applications, creative testing techniques and will also work on other sales and marketing projects.
Essential Job Functions/Activities
1. Creative Strategy & Flawless Execution ? Work with internal/external clients on creative strategy s it pertains to copywriting, pitch copy options ? successfully communicate conceptual ideas and rationale both verbally and visually to persuade. Understand client brand guidelines, successfully interact with clients, internal resources and other design firms/agencies to deliver creative to Dotomi spec, troubleshoot copy to fit design and format issues, manage client expectations at a high level of responsiveness (internal/client) & create a strong studio brand.
2. Drive Conceptual and Stylistic Direction ? Evaluate and iterate our copywriting approach to client creative. Drive the approach with our clients and the copy staff. Improve the performance of the creative across accounts, the perception among our clients that we provide strong creative, and advance the copy team?s ability to create increasingly dynamic rendered personalized creative.
3. Mentor, coach and manage staff to ever higher standards. The CDC identifies the skills and performance criteria necessary for success in the copywriting role and then manages staff to meet and exceed these standards. Standards and performance are reviewed frequently. The role provides career building opportunities for staff. Identify areas of improvement in dept/cross-dept, act on them and add/suggest them for cross-organizational improvement.
4. Technical Proficiency & industry knowledge ? Demonstrate proficiency in commonly used industry/Dotomi tools. Exhibit understanding of brands? advertising/marketing landscape and latest trends in advertising and online trends.
5. Understand and Interpret Individual Profile and Creative Reporting Data ? Be proficient in extracting knowledge from Dotomi data and reporting for all assigned clients, initiating creative tests and knowledgeable about Dotomi best practices.
Other Marginal Job Functions/Activities
? Special projects (Leadership) ? approximately 5% of time spent, prioritized after key functions
? See Studio process documents for reference on how role integrates into Dotomi processes.
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: Minimum Bachelors Degree and/or degree or certification in copywriting
Years of Experience: preferred 8+
Specific Skills and Abilities:
? Online experience
? Expert in creative strategy, selling creative and flawless copywriting skills.
? Proficiency in the application of creative/design solutions to marketing strategies.
? Provide Leadership and Mentoring to develop staff.
? Anticipate and solve team challenges. Work well across teams to create alignment and results.
? Proven excellence in client relations/service, communication and presentation skills.
? Creative, self-starter, with the ability to handle multiple projects while consistently meeting objectives - Excellent prioritization and problem solving skills
Ability to learn quickly and think strategically + identify areas of improvement and act on them
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, etc.:
PC platform literate
Dreamweaver, HTML, DHTML ? an advantage
Flash MX ? an advantage
Fluent coding in ActionScript - an advantage
Ability to code HTML by hand ? an advantage
Dotomi offers competitive compensation plans that are commensurate with experience. Our benefits include company health, dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability, (FSA) flexible spending account and 401K plan.
||1 North Wacker Drive |
Chicago, IL 60606
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED