Curriculum Developer - Exton,PA Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We're looking for a Curriculum Developer to develop technical training materials for industry-leading enterprise software. We need someone who is passionate about training. Someone with a zest for learning. Someone who is a master of explanation.
Is that you?
Can you put yourself into the minds of students and instructors? Have you designed exercises that mimic real work tasks in plausible business scenarios? Do you know what it takes to make the light bulb go on? Are you smart enough to learn a product on your own and smart enough to know when to ask for help? Can you develop strong relationships with instructors, product managers, and engineers?
About Guidewire Curriculum Development
Guidewire sells enterprise web-based software products to Property and Casualty insurance companies. These applications help with the core needs of insurance, such as creating and changing policies, managing billing, and processing claims. Our customers require highly-configurable applications. Configuration of these applications requires specialized knowledge and skills. And that's where training comes in.
The curriculum development team designs, develops, and maintains training that teaches the business functionality of our applications and the ways to configure them. We research the customers' needs and provide them with the most efficient route to learning what they need to know. This requires high levels of technical and instructional design skills.
Curriculum development at Guidewire is different. Each course developer is integrated with a product development team and works closely with experts in engineering, product management, QA, and documentation. The development teams know that our input makes the product better. We also collaborate with instructors to ensure that the training materials are effective. Everyone helps you because they know how much you help them.
Candidates should have a strong understanding of two or more of these technologies:
- Relational databases
- Data warehouses
- Object-oriented programming
- XML-based software configuration
- Modern software IDEs
Strong candidates also have the following:
- Experience designing software configuration training from beginning to end for
- Mastery of tools, principles, and best practices for developing course materials
- Strong technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Aptitude for independent learning and a high level of technical curiosity
- Willingness to give and get feedback with low drama
- A flexible, enthusiastic, collaborative work style
In this role, you perform the following tasks:
- Design, develop, and maintain courses.
- Learn the business roles and technical functionality of Guidewire applications
- Prepare materials to be used during instructor-led and/or self-paced training
- Contribute to improve team processes and standards
- Build and maintain good working relationships with engineers, product managers, technical writers, consultants, and instructors, both locally and in distant locations
This position is for a curriculum developer who will own our Data Management training. Most of Guidewire's product development and curriculum development is based in Foster City, California. However, the product development and curriculum development for Data Management is based in Exton, Pennsylvania. You will need to have strong collaboration and communication skills to work effectively with both the product development team in Exton and the curriculum development team in Foster City.
Guidewire Core Values
At Guidewire, the coffee is decent, the snacks are free, and the software is great. What's extraordinary, though, is the people. We're passionately focused on customer success and our long term goals. Talk to people here and you'll immediately sense their enthusiasm. We're proud of what we build and how we work together.
Three values are at the heart of Guidewire culture:
- Collegiality - We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage their own time. We seek input without regard for title. We encourage contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
- Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything we do.
- Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We constantly improve processes.
||Exton, PA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services