Curriculum Developer Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We're looking for skilled, critical-thinking Curriculum Developers to develop technical training materials for industry-leading enterprise software. We want people passionate about training. People with extreme curiosity and a zest for learning. People who masterfully explain complex concepts.
Can you imagine yourself in the minds of students and instructors? Can you design a lab to reinforce key points? Do you know what it takes to make the lightbulb go on? Are you comfortable learning the product on your own but you're smart enough to know when to ask for help? Can you develop strong relationships with subject matter experts?
About Curriculum Development
Guidewire sells enterprise web-based software products to insurance companies that offer Property and Casualty insurance. Each application has a unique role in an insurance company: policy administration, billing, claims, and contact management. Our customers require highly-configurable applications. Configuring complex software for each customer involves specialized knowledge. And that's where training comes in.
The curriculum development team designs, develops, and maintains courses to implement and configure our applications. You must deeply understand the customer goals and needs. This requires high levels of technical and business analysis skills.
Curriculum development is different here. You work closely with experts in engineering, product management, QA, and documentation. Development teams know that your input makes products better. You and instructors collaborate to ensure materials result in effective learning. Our other teams help you because they know how much you help them.
Candidates must understand these technologies:
Strong candidates also have the following:
- Relational databases
- Object oriented programming
- XML-based software configuration
- Modern software IDEs, including basic debugging tools
In this role, you perform the following tasks:
- Experience designing technical training about enterprise software product configuration
- Mastery of tools, principles, and best practices for developing course materials
- Experience developing for varied delivery approaches: instructor-led, self-paced, classroom, and/or distance learning
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and in person
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience owning course development projects from beginning to end
- High technical aptitude
- Ability to understand other people and what they need
- Willingness to give and get feedback with low drama
- Aptitude for independent learning
- A flexible, enthusiastic, collaborative work style
- A high level of curiosity and interest in technical learning
- Design, develop, and maintain courses.
- Contribute to improve team processes and standards
- Learn the business roles and technical functionality of Guidewire applications
- Prepare presentations to deliver training
- Prepare tools, examples, and labs to teach necessary skills
- Build and maintain good working relationships with engineers, product managers, technical writers, consultants, and instructors.
Guidewire Core Values
At Guidewire, our software is great, the coffee is okay, and the buildings are decent enough. What's special, though, is that we're a team passionately focused on customer success and our long term goals. Talk to people here and you'll immediately sense their enthusiasm. We're proud of what we build and how we work together.
At the heart of Guidewire culture are three values:
- Collegiality. We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage their own time. We seek input without regard for title. We encourage contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
- Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything we do.
- Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We constantly improve processes.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services