Curriculum Developer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
At Splunk we know that effective education is key to our continued success. We are looking for a talented individual with curriculum and course development experience for a technical audience. Our customers are IT professionals who want quick, concise training in virtual and eLearning format. In this position you will create new courses and update existing courses.
We are looking for the best course developer ever! Someone who can render the complex simple. A person who understands advanced technical subjects and can design learning objectives and materials that are concise, accurate and task-based. Target audiences for classes are technical and business professionals including Splunk customers, partners, prospects, and employees.
If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you. Flexibility and a sense of humor are also highly valued here.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Design new courses using well-known instructional design techniques
- Develop courses, course descriptions, lab guides, solution files, and setup files
- Determine appropriate learning objectives
- Select the appropriate delivery medium
- Work with the product team to clarify the usage and intent of new features
- Create eLearning modules using recordings and simulations
- Polish input provided by instructors to ensure that it fits with established courseware quality guidelines
- Develop exam questions/answers used to test the student mastery of the subject matter
- Incorporate feedback from multiple sources to update new and existing products (respond to bug and enhancement requests filed against courses)
- Domain expertise in system and network management. Security knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of System Administration and Networking practices
- Experience in instructor-led course development and design. E-learning experience is a plus
- Ability to commute to San Francisco headquarters or our Cupertino annex
- Work well under tight deadlines and with a fluctuating product
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to solve problems
Education: Got it!
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree is preferred
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED