Customer Engagement Manager Sparta Systems
The Customer Engagement Manager is primarily responsible for scoping projects, developing proposal documents, and generating demand for consultants and trainings. In addition, the CEM supports the Account Executive in all aspects of the software sales cycles.
The CEMs are assigned to specific Account Executives whom they support. Upon completion of the software sales cycle the CEM becomes a primary leader in the management of the account in tandem with the AE unless a billable project manager is assigned in which case the project manager becomes the primary account manager along with the Account Executive. The CEM will serve as the pro-active lead in nurturing customer relationships, and will be a main point of escalation for all project related issues.
The CEM works with the regional Operations Manager in supply adequate resources into projects. As the primary demand generator, the CEMs have an integral part in the financial success of the group.
The company reserves the right to review and amend job function description and requirements from time to time according to needs at its sole discretion.
Location: Primarily off-site at customer and prospect location(s). Frequent travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Analyze business and functional requirements of our customers. This may be performed at our offices when such information is known in advance. However, this analysis is often performed at customer site, meeting with the users and proposing possible configurations via an open and interactive dialog.
2. Create and submit all project proposal documents including estimates, SOW?s, and RFP responses working closely with the Global Proposal Factory standards.
3. Support the sale of Software, drive Professional Services Bookings for both Education and Consulting, and ensure the financial success of the Professional Services group by ensuring customer contracts are in line with our revenue and profitability goals.
4. Work with customer to identify and remediate project issues, escalations, and staffing issues.
5. Work with Operations Manager to provide adequate consultant coverage on each assigned account.
6. Communicate new product functionality to our customers and prospects.
7. Collaborate with other lines of businesses (Customer Support, R&D, Product Management) to ensure that customer product issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
8. Complement the Account Executive by serving as a point of technical expertise in customer communications and discussions.
9. Become knowledge in our Educational offering, positioning such at the Customer site.
1. BA/BS degree in related field (e.g. Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science) preferred or commensurate experience.
2. Excellent analytical, logical, presentation and communication skills.
3. 3-4 years of proven experience in successfully implementing Trackwise or equivalent complex system.
4. Proven interpersonal skills.
5. 5-6 years of results in customer satisfaction.
6. Able to travel frequently to customer sites.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to lead projects, manage multiple tasks involved in meeting deadlines and deliverables.
2. Take an active role with our client base, i.e., must be comfortable in speaking with customers, and being able to handle any size group meetings.
3. Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas in person, over the telephone, and in written correspondence.
4. Experienced with Windows and Internet technologies.
5. Experience with other tracking software systems, document management systems or other quality management software tools (i.e. ERP, MES, EDMS, and QMS). Experience with implementing SAP, Siebel, Documentum, or LiveLink is a plus.
6. Experience with MS Office Outlook and Word. Familiarity with Visio and Excel is a plus.
7. Familiarity with any database management system (DBMS) such as Oracle and/or MS SQL Server is also a plus.
||Holmdel Corporate Plaza |
2137 Highway 35
Holmdel, NJ 07733