Customer Service Representative PCH International
We are seeking a customer care rock star to join our small but dedicated customer care team in delivering a best in class customer care experience. You should have exceptional customer servicing skills along with a natural curiosity and passion for consumer electronics products. We are a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion to build the coolest hardware ecommerce brand on the globe.
We want to add a like-minded customer centric team player to our small team to be the personable and professional touch point with our customers. Our parent company is a global force to be reckoned with in the hardware ecosystem and our ecommerce team will work collaboratively with the rest of the group to drive further sales and tap into new opportunities
- Consistently delivers superior customer care by having full command of the critical soft customer interfacing skills, product knowledge and in depth systems understanding.
- Project a friendly and professional manner whether over the phone, through email or via live chat.
- Resolve any presented product or service inquiry, both efficiently and effectively, by calling upon your personal and professional skillset (soft phone skills, product knowledge, systems knowledge, personal interactions capability and delivery).
- Ability to scale to handle a high volume of incoming calls, emails and/or live chats with enthusiasm and courtesy.
- Manage customers by effectively listening to and understanding the reason for the inquiry and by then responding appropriately all the while setting correct customer expectations. Strive for one call resolution.
- Assist team members by sharing knowledge and assisting with their customers as needed.
- Possess the ability to delegate appropriate queries to team members in other regions if necessary in order to ensure a speedy resolution to a query.
- Discuss products offered by explaining their features and benefits, employ professional service and sales techniques, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Accurately document every customer interaction, including but not limited to contact information, payment information, details for custom orders, notes from inquiries and next step actions all in compliance with policy and procedures.
- Report back to the team on a regular basis on points like product defects, issues or queries that occur regularly so that corrective action can be implemented.
- Be self-motivated to seek out additional product knowledge learning beyond company business hours and be driven to improve service skills.
- Use good judgment and common sense in making independent decisions where an alternative solution provides a better customer experience.
- Provide continuous feedback on how to improve the customer experience.
- Other responsibilities as assigned in particular during the early days as we prepare to scale.
- Genuinely nice while possessing a "can do" attitude and genuine desire to help is required.
- 5+ years relevant customer service oriented experience.
- Ability to deliver an outstanding customer experience on EVERY interaction.
- Knowledge of and/or will to learn more about the consumer electronics sector and thriving start-up gadget market would be preferable.
- Personable with a positive attitude, possess integrity and emotional balance while being patient and genuinely enjoy working with people in order to deliver a great customer experience.
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills in English, with an emphasis on phone etiquette skills, possessing a clear speaking voice utilizing proper tone and strong grammar.
- Ability to multitask while possessing a strong attention to detail is necessary.
- Handle confidential financial and personal information appropriately.
- Ability to defuse difficult situations tactfully, manage stress and stay calm under pressure.
- Excellent typing and computer skills and must know Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Prior experience with Zendesk and/or Magento would be helpful but can be taught.
PCH Work Style, Personal Attributes & Attitudes
PCH work environment is relationship based and staff members need to be able to work effectively within a number of differently structured teams. This position needs to be both a team and individual contributor.
Strong verbal & written English communication, negotiating skills are paramount, as is a driven and positive 'can do' attitude. Articulate and succinct communication is highly valued, as well as a strong customer service focus. Client relationship skills are required to be successful in this role.
A solid skill base is needed to hit the ground running, and commercial acumen focusing on long-term outcomes and the financial implications of the actions expected.
Strategic thought processes are vital in processing and analyzing data in order to reach key points, and the ability to think in the 'bigger picture' is an advantage.
The ability to best solve a problem quickly and effectively using networks is also a must, along with the ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast paced environment.
The typical PCH work style would be relationship oriented where support for others in achieving goals is a key consideration. Looking above the obvious to achieve broader based solutions using initiative is standard, and a flexible approach to problem solving utilizing various resources is required.
The ability to think on your feet and effectively deal with stress in a supportive environment is also considered necessary. An aptitude to want to learn is important and results driven individual with a pleasant demeanor are vital attributes.
||San Francisco, CA |