Customer Story Manager Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Customer Story Manager
Foster City, CA, United States
Guidewire is seeking a Customer Story Manager to join the product marketing team. Customer success stories are a critical vehicle for maintaining perspective, refining our best practices, and communicating product value to the marketplace. The Customer Story Manager programmatically sources, writes, and promotes customer success stories using both traditional tools like PowerPoint presentations, marketing collateral, and infographics as well as newer approaches like whiteboards, Prezi, social, etc.
We are looking for someone who can uncover the key elements of the story, execute strong written copy and visual communications, as well as bring it to life through all aspects of the design and creative process. The successful candidate will be able to envision and define the core narrative, align it with the spirit and terminology of our industry, and bring creative ideas and a distinct point of view that is consistent with the Guidewire brand.
The customer story manager enjoys visiting customers and employs journalistic techniques to draw out the memorable heart of a story while capturing the relevant details. He or she will understand customer priorities, the functional foundation of Guidewire products, and recognize the level at which products or processes are being employed. The successful candidate will also have an orientation to quantify the value created by our solutions. This individual will network broadly across Guidewire, building partnerships within management, pre-sales, professional services, and alliances, in addition to supporting the marketing organization.
- Develop a program for capturing customer stories throughout the phases of customer engagement, from sale to go-live and beyond. This may include utilization of services and partner channels in addition to follow-ons of PR activities to secure customer permissions and work directly with customers to define the scope of onsite activities.
- Use market research tools to understand Guidewire's evolving customer base at a macro level. Assess opportunities for story development and proactively work to build out stories that address those opportunities.
- Acquire a deep knowledge of our customer base, existing customer story content, mine and use that content to increase its effectiveness, and manage that content to increase use and adoption.
- Meet with customers to identify and document stories; source and use multiple sources of data to quantify value created by our solutions.
- Develop high quality material (presentations, white papers, web content, infographics, case studies, data sheets, blogs and whiteboards) to support sales efforts, demand gen efforts, and outbound communication.
- Collaborate across Marketing and Sales Enablement to curate customer story content and make it accessible to Sales and the Market.
- She or he will have the drive to juggle multiple projects while ensuring that best practices, quality, and brand are preserved and strengthened.
- Guidewire remains a small company, and each of us performs more than the scope of our roles; this role in particular will be a catalyst and contributor of broader team efforts in product marketing, corporate marketing, and beyond.
- Must have a proven ability to build relationships with individuals and teams that are peers, executives, internal customers and Guidewire customers around the globe.
- Experience with technology marketing, sales or services.
- Ability to engage in business consulting activities, and to â€œspeak the languageâ€ of the customer whether in a business or technical role.
- Objectivity and openness to others' views and continuously builds a positive culture, defaults to team work style and collaborative information sharing.
- Excellent skills and talent for communications in all forms and media - spoken, written, visual, presentations, websites, social media, video; formal and informal.
- Ability to create complex, brand-aligned presentations in a fast paced workplace, operating independently on â€œend-to-endâ€ content creation. Focus on creating templates and provide best practices to others.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time.
- Strong team player with good time management, verbal and written communications skills. Good feel for when to adapt creative vision to meet project goals vs. advocating for an individual creative vision to effectively tell the story.
- Sense of humor, fun and empathy for colleagues and customers are prized qualities in this team.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services