Customer Support Engineer Sparta Systems
As the leader in Enterprise Quality Management Solutions, Sparta Systems created TrackWise quality management software. As the industry-leading solution for global quality and compliance management, TrackWise is a web based software application to assist companies? quality and compliance issues across the enterprise by reducing risk and liability, streamlining operations for local and global efficiency gains. For the past 15 years, Sparta Systems have been pioneers in highly regulated industries, as demonstrated by the adoption of TrackWise by the top pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, medical device manufacturers, CROs and food and beverage manufacturers, maintaining a 98 percent customer retention/renewal rate. The company offers its customers a complete solution for global quality management needs, including the onsite solutions delivery support required throughout the project lifecycle.
Provides high visibility, high quality, 2nd and 3rd Tier software support, troubleshooting & analysis for issues received via telephone or other electronic channels for Company software solutions. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably. Effectively acquires, applies and shares knowledge that supports Sparta?s business strategy and adds value to Company results. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Ongoing training is provided on Company products and solutions using a variety of delivery methods including formal classroom training, shadowing, and self study materials.
To meet the needs of our customers, working outside of normal business hours and holidays is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical guidance including analysis, reproduction, and general troubleshooting for issues received from Customers.
2. Collaborate with other internal and external groups on solving complex technical issues and developing innovative solutions.
3. Gain and maintain an extensive working knowledge of the Company?s product suite, related technologies and associated compliance requirements.
4. Effectively document problems and solutions into a case management system and product knowledge database. Maintain current, accurate, and complete files and documentation of all activity performed regarding customer issues both internally and externally while appropriately managing the level of detail required (e.g executive summary vs technical detail).
5. Assists in developing enhancement requests, document change controls, trouble-shooting guides, bulletins, software files and similar resources on existing products.
6. Analyze the customer?s business needs and implement appropriate remediation actions.
7. Organize and manage time appropriately to give adequate time for each step in the support process.
8. Promote personal growth and development by staying informed of new policies, procedures and product enhancements.
1. Bachelor?s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or related major or comparable education and work experience.
2. Minimum of two (2) years software technical support experience.
3. Familiarity and a strong working knowledge of relational database management software including Oracle and MS SQL
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Experience with other tracking software systems, document management systems or other quality management software applications is preferred.
2. Excellent analytical and logical skills.
3. Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills and speaking while having the ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills including patience, flexibility, consideration, discretion, tact, confidence and effectiveness in dealing with people.
5. Demonstrated abilitiy to multi-task, prioritize, schedule and organize work and perform under tight deadlines with an ongoing change in priorties.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments concurrently.
7. Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
8. Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced team environment where coordination of efforts and communication is critical.
9. Take an active role with our client base, e.g., must be comfortable in speaking with technically fluent administrators in major industries and able to identify and gather information required for troubleshooting.
10. Knowledge of programming; Java is preferred.
||Holmdel Corporate Plaza |
2137 Highway 35
Holmdel, NJ 07733