Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun
.Why Work at Workday
Workday is not your average company and we pride ourselves on everything that makes us unique such as our culture, core values, company meetings, development âGeekfestsâ, commitment to sustainability, recognition programs but most importantly our people.Â Workday employees are self-disciplined, hard- working, curious, trustworthy, humble, and truthful.Â Workday is the leader in enterprise class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for the management of global businesses.Â We are growing fast with offices in the United States (HQ Pleasanton
), Canada (Vancouver and Toronto
), Europe (Dublin, London, Munich, and the Netherlands
), Hong Kong and Australia. Description:
Workdayâs customer base continues to grow as does the need for continued and excellent customer support. Our Customer Support Manager will manage a team of 7 -12 employees to solve problems identified by customers who are implementing Workday and those using Workday in production. Scaling the support processes in strategic ways as the company grows will be a critical component of this managerâs job.Responsibilities:
- Manage a Workday Applications Support team, specializing in Payroll, Absence Management, and/or Time Tracking -- hiring and retaining the best software support people now and planning for future business needs.
- Assign incoming cases to team, ensuring the resources assigned have the correct skill set and bandwidth to resolve the issue based on case depth and severity.
- Resolve customer issues, implementing and meeting Service Level Agreements and improving our current processes.
- Act as the escalation manager when customer issues severely impact a customer, driving problems to resolution and managing the communications within Workday and with the client.
- Actively monitor triggers for possible escalating situations in order to prevent potential escalations.
- Build relationships with customers, especially key or strategic customers.
- Collaborate with internal teams (Development, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Services) on trending customer issues and ensuring external communications are accurate and clear.
- Develop employee training requirements to ensure staff is highly proficient with Workday services and internal processes.
- Ensure quality of case handling
- Timely responses
- Specific care for sensitive customers
- Participate in and help schedule 24X7 on call coverage.
- Assess and drive metrics for managed support areas, analyzing the data for improvement ideas.
- Prepare team and systems for new Workday software releases.
- Uphold Workdayâs policies for data security and customer data access.
- Five plus years managing a department in a software company.
- Eight or more years of experience in a customer services role (consulting, services, support, account management).
- Five or more years of experience with Payroll and Benefits applications.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers.
- Proven ability to engage across corporate functions (Services, Product Management, Development, QA, Operations).
- Ability to generate a sense of urgency and rally appropriate resources.
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, analytical, and collaboration skills.
- Able to deal with the stress related to escalation impact and resolution timeframes and conflicting/competing priorities.
- Ability to provide high quality verbal and written communication.
- Well-developed listening and documentation skills.
- High level of initiative and integrity.
- Strong organizational, presentation, meeting, and communication skills
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and lead a team to success.
- Bachelor degree required, at a minimum. Business or technical degree preferred.
Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Financial Management, Payroll, Time Tracking, Procurement, and Employee Expense Management applications to the worldâs largest organizations. Hundreds of companies, ranging from medium-sized to the Fortune 50, are gaining business value from Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.