Data Analyst EnergyHub
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Overview
EnergyHub provides award-winning energy management software that reaches devices in hundreds of thousands of homes across North America. Our technology enables consumers to save hundreds of dollars a year on their energy bills and helps utilities avoid building new power plants.
We're looking for a talented Data Analyst seeking an engaging environment where you can work closely with smart and motivated people to generate new insights and business opportunities from the billions of data points we collect each month from smart thermostats and other energy management devices.
Responsibilities - at EnergyHub you will:
- Provide the data-based foundations for new energy management features and services to help our utility customers manage their electricity loads and our end user consumers save money
- Prototype new models and analysis tools in R, MATLAB, Excel, or your tool of choice
- Work with engineers to turn your prototypes into production-quality code
- Manage the roadmap for EnergyHub's data and analytics strategy
- Identify and integrate external data types and sources that can used to augment EnergyHub's existing data sources to improve our products and services
- Validate our energy efficiency and demand response results from field studies
- Consult with partners and customers as EnergyHub's data and statistics expert
Requirements - To be successful you must:
- Have extensive practical experience applying mathematics and statistics to achieve business objectives
- Possess the ability to perform thorough analysis of complex data, draw sound conclusions, and devise actionable strategies
- Be a proven self-starter, who is motivated and has a track record of delivering results
- Have strong written and verbal communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Be able to explain your models, formulas, and insights in ways that both engineers and business people can understand
Tools that you should know:
- R, SAS, KXEN, MATLAB, or similar
- SQL and/or MongoDB
EnergyHub is a Brooklyn-based startup located in an old factory near the scenic Gowanus Canal. EnergyHub offers great benefits, including: company-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents, 401(k) with employer match, stock options, paid vacations, delicious snacks, foosball, and more!
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
EnergyHub provides a cloud-hosted software platform for managing energy use in homes and small businesses. We sell through a variety of channels: thermostat OEMs, electric utilities, and digital service providers. Together, our partners have sold over 100,000 EnergyHub-powered devices, and we have our sights set on 1 million devices in the next few years. We've raised about 18M of venture capital, and we're based in Brooklyn, NY.
Shipping Product Investors: .406 Ventures
, Physic Ventures All Jobs: at EnergyHub
|Headquarters:||232 Third St Suite C201|
Brooklyn, NY 11215
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|
|Company Profile:||We are always seeking the curious, collaborative, and creative
Our team of engineers, designers, and developers are also artists, cooks, writers, and DJs. We are curious, collaborative, and creative in and out of the work place. Whether discussing circuit board design during gourmet lunch club or stress-testing the latest Android app on an employee's new phone, we like to solve problems.
We also live our mission. Most of us cycle or take public transportation to work. We compost in our kitchen and employ eWaste programs for old electronics. We continue to look for ways to cut down waste, from the shop to the front desk.
Are you an amazing developer, engineer, biz dev guy/gal, designer, marketer, project manager, basket weaver or dolphin trainer with the energy and passion to succeed Send us your rsum We may not get back to you until an opportunity arises, but hey, that might be sooner than you think.|
Support EnergyHub with Social Media services