Data Analyst / Business Intelligence Certona Corporation
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Certona has been selected again (as of 2013) as a Top Personalization Leader for five consecutive years (never been done before) on Internet Retailer's Top 500 Guide. This is something that we're all very proud of here!
- Certona provides actionable analytics to its clients through its Resonance real-time personalization platform. This position will be responsible for analyzing client data and discovering and quantifying the cause and effect between customer behaviors, predictive targeting, and customer outcomes.
- The successful candidate will assist in all aspects of data extraction, analysis and reporting, including performance measurement; visitor behavior and trend analysis to drive client insights; identification of optimal performance improvement opportunities; and ad hoc analysis and reporting to support and guide key product initiatives within the organization and client's organizations.
- This candidate must be energetic, nimble, and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a great group of people. While this is not a primarily client-facing role, the position will involve some client interactions and communications.
- Work with clients and internal colleagues to gain understanding of business objectives and determine types of data required to create business intelligence.
- Generate ad hoc analysis and reports on a regular basis in support of client objectives.
- Create reports and charts to communicate results and insights to the client, using standard BI and reporting tools.
- Support client service teams in creating and communicating service performance and other insights to Certona's clients.
- Mine customer data to understand consumer behaviors.
- Be a company data warehouse expert user. Translate business questions into precise queries. Question and validate data.
- Design processes for transforming large data sets into key reporting templates for internal and client use.
- Help drive Certona's Business Intelligence strategy and implementation.
- Work closely with Analytics, Operations, and Engineering teams to assist / advise on development of logical and physical data models.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Sciences.
- Completion of an undergraduate course in statistics or probability or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in analytic computing, data analysis, pattern identification and trend analysis with various forms of data, especially e-commerce data
- Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Analysis Server, including T-SQL, MDX, Job creation and scheduling
- Experience with BI and reporting tools
- Excellent communication skills especially with external clients
- Passion and curiosity for data
- Experience with large datasets (TB+ preferred)
- Experience with predictive analytics and machine learning
- Experience with SSRS
- Analytics or other experience with ecommerce or other consumer-facing business
Skills & Competencies:
- In depth knowledge of data science principles and practices
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Curious and critical about data
- Problem solver
- Detail oriented
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As of 2012 San Diego-based Certona was selected four consecutive years as the Top Personalization Leader on Internet Retailer's Top 500 Guide. This is something that we're all very proud of here.
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: ABS Ventures All Jobs: at Certona Corporation
|Headquarters:||9520 Towne Centre Drive|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Company Profile:||At Certona, our vision is to intelligently optimize and personalize the entire customer experience for each individual across all touch points, including their web site experience, e-mail, mobile, in-store, call center and social networks.
As the Pioneers of Personalization, we're a dynamic company that's shaping the world of personalized product and content recommendations for social, mobile and ecommerce applications. Our employees love working here, mostly for the fast pace, rapid growth, fun people, and great benefits. Not to mention, we're only one block from the beach in beautiful Del Mar, California.
We offer a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to work with some of the greatest technical and creative minds in the industry.
Support Certona Corporation with Social Media services