Data Analyst Vantage Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description
Vantage Media is a fast-growing ad-tech company that is evolving the multi-billion dollar performance marketing space. Its innovative Marketplaces offering is a real-time bidding platform that enables advertisers to pay what they want, when they want, and how they want, for the exact customers they want. Joining together high-traffic publishers with popular, household-name advertisers in their industries enables Vantage Media to deliver more customers as a result of engaging more active buyers.
Headquartered in El Segundo, CA, Vantage has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies in the industry by the Inc. 500 list, Deloitte and Touche, and the Los Angeles Business Journal. Vantage Media has over 140 employees worldwide, and specializes in the insurance, home services, and education verticals. The company is noted for its online marketing technology and commitment to delivering client success, while providing a collaborative, fun work environment where its employees can thrive.
Vantage Media is currently seeking a Data Analyst for their Performance Index Team.
Hey there analyst. Got data on your mind? Vantage Media seeks a Data Analyst to grab data from databases and other sources and to build reports. The reports are to be built in spreadsheets and enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) tools. You will perform these tasks primarily for the PI team and secondarily for company-wide managers. This position is highly visible in the company and involves frequent interaction with executives. Supervision and mentorship will be given by managers in the PI team. Learn and build from the ground-up with data, become the pulse of operational business needs, and advance as an analytical problem-solver.
The Performance Index team addresses the most challenging and influential projects for the company at the intersection of business and technology. We manage the pricing, revenue, and volume for the company?s business partners, which are numerous advertisers and online publishers. We build analytic solutions, ranging from static or dynamic reports to mathematical models and algorithms to solve various problems.
1. Data sourcing (50% of the time): Design and build SQL queries, VBA code, and BI processes to grab and manipulate data from various sources.
2. Reporting (40% of the time): Work primarily with the PI team and secondarily with other internal customers to create report requirements, report design, and building and streamlining report generation in spreadsheets and BI tools.
3. Analytics (10% of the time): Design and build analytic solutions to get insights using computational science.
1.Data sourcing and management (required): Min. 1 year of experience building SQL queries, preferably SQL Server or T-SQL, and Excel macro programming (aka VBA).
2. Reporting: Min 1 year of experience in creating data-based reports; familiarity with BI reporting tools.
3. Business analysis: Min 1 year of experience in analyzing business problems and creating processes.
4. Analytics: Knowledge of descriptive statistics: distributions, histograms, and confidence intervals. Familiarity with statistical modeling and other applied mathematics.
5. BA degree required; in business, technical, or scientific field strongly preferred
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Vantage Media is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The company subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on gender, race, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, age, religion or veteran status. Vantage Media hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
||2101 Rosecrans Avenue |
El Segundo, CA 90245
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED