Data Analyst Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Live Data Analyst Foster City, CA, United States
Guidewire Software builds, sells, implements, and supports the core software systems that property & casualty insurers use to run their businesses: policy, billing, and claims management. We recently launched Guidewire Live, a truly innovativr product that analyzes the real-time granular data that those systems generate and offers business insights back to our customers. With continuous feedback directly from customers, our product is changing and improving every week as we discover better ways to help our customers understand their business and the context they operate in.
The Guidewire Live Data Analyst will step into that new and rapidly developing environment to help shape this ground-breaking product. Your overarching goal will be to understand data from customers and outside sources to drive customer success and adoption of Guidewire Live. On the internal development side, you will collaborate with other data experts to generally improve and expand the products and insights we offer. On the customer-facing side, you will also take ownership of specific customer accounts to understand the data from the ground up, to ensure that the customers' data is accurate and trustworthy, and to promote customer success by revealing the import and meaning of the data in understandable ways. You will also support our sales consultants with insights into trends or topics of interest to enliven customer demonstrations and encourage ongoing customer adoption efforts.
The Guidewire Live Data Analyst will be based in Foster City and will require <10-15% travel
- Take active and ongoing responsibility for ensuring customers' data quality, starting with initial onboarding
- Work directly with sales consultants to provide data related insights to build compelling customer demonstrations and support other customer meetings
- Interact with customers and the Guidewire Live sales team to offer expertise, convey insights, and gather feedback
- Systematically mine existing data for significant connections, relevant business insights, and proof of product value
- Propose new directions for research, data collection, and display of results
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Empathy and drive to take on customers' data problems and goals as one's own
- Creativity and perseverance to ferret out data errors and anomalies
- Imagination to formulate and test interesting hypotheses, then construct new and informative ways of visualizing and communicating data
- Personal and presentation skills (and desire) to engage nontechnical audiences, enlighten them, and spark their further interest
- 5-7 years experience in statistical analysis of large data sets
- Intimate familiarity with the capabilities and syntax of SQL databases
- Ability to use Microsoft Office tools to build compelling presentations
- Formal training in statistics
- Experience with general programming, statistical software packages, and Visual Basic
- Background working in sales & marketing organizations or other customer-facing roles
- Knowledge of and experience in the property & casualty insurance industry
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services