Data Analyst Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Trulia gives home buyers, sellers, owners and renters the inside scoop on properties, places and real estate professionals. Trulia has unique info on the areas people want to live in that can't be found anywhere else: users can learn about agents, neighborhoods, schools, and crime and even ask the local community questions. Real estate professionals use Trulia to connect with millions of transaction-ready buyers and sellers each month via our hyper-local advertising services, social recommendations and top-rated mobile apps.
Trulia is built on an employee-centric, values driven culture -we enjoy one another and have been recognized as a 'Best Place to Work' in San Francisco Bay Area, and Denver.
As a Data Analyst, you will be part of Trulia's Analytics team which uses data to provide insights and recommendations to the business. The Data Analyst will be responsible for developing the company's reporting abilities, delivering accurate and timely scorecards and dashboards, and working with partner teams on ad-hoc analyses. The analyst will also be responsible for developing and implementing standard metrics collection and reporting methods for the company, as well as building automated tools that allow people to self-serve on data for their own analysis.
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has the â€˜smarts' and is hungry to learn very quickly from peers.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting, performance monitoring and insights via dashboards, scorecards and ad hoc analysis.
- Work with senior management to create reports for investors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Define the reporting needs for the business and work with engineering counterparts to develop automated reports.
- Participate in site re-designs and enhancements as a measurements expert, identifying reporting requirements, implementing new metrics and reporting enhancement results.
- Track and analyze web site performance, click stream, and paths to provide data driven business intelligence .
- 1-2 years as an individual contributor performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an internet or technology company.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and the ability to rapidly understand the business and its drivers.
- High proficiency with Excel including pivoting capabilities and analysis modules.
- Ability to write and execute complex SQL queries to extract data from a variety of internal sources.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) for information gathering and the ability to interact with various client groups.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and ability to exercise excellent discretion and judgment when dealing with confidential information.
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- BS or BA in math, economics, physical sciences, or other quantitative field.
Nice to have
- Experience with Omniture SiteCatalyst, Discover, SAINT and data warehouse a plus.
- Experience with Pentaho, Tableau, or other light-weight BI reporting layer.
- Experience translating business needs into technical requirements for the data warehousing and reporting engineering team to execute against.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED