Data Analyst â€" System Integration
Tesla Motors is an aggressive, well-funded start-up in the San Francisco Bay Area that is making advanced electric vehicles, batteries, and drive systems a reality. We are building a technically strong, motivated and very fast-moving engineering team which prides itself on superior execution.
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst for our System Integration Team.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- 2-5+ years experience in a related industry
Relevant skills and experience:
- Expertise in resolution of customer/field issues, automotive or complex systems a plus
- Experience with manipulating large datasets, database schema design and query optimization
- Knowledge of statistical distributions and the situations in which they apply
- Experience creating learning algorithms with optimization techniques
- Comfortable using variety of programming languages: C, Python, SQL, Matlab, Perl
- Exposure to object-oriented programming, embedded programming, distributed task environments
- Experience with complex mechanical/electrical systems
- Strong analytic problem solving skills, and an aptitude for learning systems quickly
- Strong organization and documentation skills, and strong attention to detail
- Resourcefulness, excellent communication skills, and capable of working across various departments (including manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, validation, and service)
- Experience of system/component delivery within a APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc). Reliability engineering experience a plus
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support multiple vehicle programs during engineering, development, production
- Identify trends in field vehicle performance metrics in order to flag potential problems before they occur
- Develop applications for summarizing and displaying large sets of vehicle data to engineering and management groups
Develop applications and methodologies for examining and analyzing subsets of data across the entire fleet to identify and debug issues
- Provide engineering support of Tesla-designed components: identify problems in the fleet, investigates root cause, helps find containment and solution, communicates problems to drive future designs
- Conduct system integration activities within the vehicle/end application, addressing system interactions, tradeoffs and compromises
- Contribute to the development of powertrain control software algorithms and service tools
- Perform FMEA and similar activities to inform individual design efforts
- Characterize performance of vehicle components to understand typical behavior for diagnostic purposes
Tesla Motors is hiring highly qualified and dedicated individuals. Our hiring bar is high to keep our team size small, so each member of our team must be among the most technically gifted in his or her field. You must have a demonstrated track record in your field. Here are some other hiring criteria:
- You must have a genuine passion for electric vehicles and electric propulsion systems.
- You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
- We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, an exciting work environment and the chance to contribute greatly towards developing more efficient transportation.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|