Data Analyst Uber
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Are you passionate about solving problems through technology? Uber isn't just about getting people to where they want to go - we?re about creating a marketplace to bring people what they need. We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world, and need your intelligence and passion to help do it in style.
Uber is looking for a talented Data Analyst to join the Analytics team. You'll become an expert in all facets of our data, and will use it to conduct analyses for engineering and operations teams that will help Uber move faster and make better decisions. The role will also involve creating and maintaining data pipelines to unlock new analyses, building reporting queries the whole company can use, and keeping an eye on data quality.
Here's a sample of what you might work on:
- Work with operations to create a new metric for measuring city performance.
- Help other teams understand what data we've got and the best way to use it.
- Add a few data pipelines and reporting queries to allow teams to run self-service analyses.
- Triage and diagnose data inconsistencies and quality issues.
Here's why the job is awesome:
- Visibility into both the operations and engineering sides of Uber's business.
- Lots of project ownership, and the ability to envision, define, and execute on entire projects.
- The ability to make a big impact on business and engineering decisions worldwide.
Here are the kinds of attributes we're looking for:
- The ability to break down complex problems (and then solve them).
- A degree in a quantitative field. Some work experience is also helpful.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Prior experience working with large datasets.
- Comfort with broad questions, data inconsistencies, and a fast-moving company.
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills.
Bonus points if any of these apply:
- Experience with R or other statistical packages.
- A/B testing experience.
||181 Howard Street |
San Francisco, CA 94105
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Request a black car from the touch of your phone and it arrives within minutes. It's reliable (always shows up, you can watch the car's location on your phone) and convenient (credit card on file...no tipping). Transportation game-changer.
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: Benchmark Capital
, First Round Capital All Jobs: at Uber
|Headquarters:||181 Howard Street|
San Francisco, CA 94105
|Company Profile:||Today the UberC team is working to provide high-quality, on-demand car service booked easily through your iPhone, Android or SMS. Our location based dispatch platform provides elite, efficient, and simple car service using high-end sedans with reputable drivers rather than traditional taxi cabs.
Uber launched in San Francisco in June 2010 and has since expanded to Seattle, Chicago, Boston and New York City. We were founded by Travis Kalanick and Stumble Upon's Garrett Camp. The company received 11 million dollars in funding from Benchmark and First Round Capital and is seeing amazing revenues across the board. Uber currently has 30 employees, ranging from mathematicians, a neuroscientist, amazing engineers and some pretty amazing people on the Ops side. |
Support Uber with Social Media services