· To provide leadership in design and implementation of large-scale web/hosted enterprise data architecture
o To oversee and guide the data model and to architect new and updated database structures, to design reporting and data analytic architecture
o To participate in the beginning of major projects to identify the optimal data model approach and process
o To review and guide the XML schema definition to ensure compatibility and consistency between applications, shared components and data models.
o To evaluate software changes and modifications for database structure impacts
o To participate in the capacity planning and database management process
o To provide data storage insights into long term strategic plans.
· To advise and support developers on persistent storage techniques and issues
· To improve the overall database skill and capability of engineer team.
· To research and evaluate new database technologies.
· To implement database architecture and reusable component/solutions.
· At least 8 years experience in the design and implementation of large-scale web enterprise application and database systems
· Must have led implementation of at least one very large scale database for hosted web enterprise application or consumer web application
· Expert in logical and physical database design, performance optimization, federated and parallel data management, high availability and capacity planning.
· Expert in data loading, data partitioning, data backup, indexing, access control
· Strong product experience in enterprise scale reporting, data warehouse implementation, and data analytics. Experience in products such as Cognos, Business Object or Brio.
· Strong product experience in search related technologies
· Strong product experience in JavaEE web application architecture and design
· Deep understanding of MS SQL Server 2005/2008 and issues in using it in high data volume on transactional workload
· Deep understanding of performance issues at the operating system and storage levels
· Good understanding of tools for ETL, reporting including SSIS.
|Headquarters:||10182 Telesis Court|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|