Data Center Architect- Data Center Operations Turn
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is seeking an experienced Data Center Architect responsible for enabling the deployment and ongoing operation of Turn's state-of-the-art production data centers worldwide. Our infrastructure is growing fast, and we typically handle multiple large datacenter design, procurement, ordering, and deployment projects simultaneously. You will be an integral part of these projects and help our company continue its successful global expansion.
- Be the authority on data center architecture, design, implementation and management
- Create both high-level and detailed space, rack and cabling design diagrams and facilitate design reviews
- Work with HWEng and NetEng to understand server and network hardware requirements with respect to power density, rack positioning, cabling, cooling, airflow containment and environmental considerations
- Understand and debug network, hardware, and Linux OS related issues
- Create detailed BOMs for data center deployments
- Help manage relationships with data center vendors and systems integrators
- Manage, schedule and coordinate the power delivery at the floor for data center white space, and perform detailed power utilization calculations and optimizations
- Improve automation for infrastructure reporting and work with I/O teams to improve communications on data center capacity and operation
- Manage RFP/RFI process, bids, pricing review and contract negotiations
- Create systems to model potential infrastructure failures and evaluate the impact on the Turn platform
- Develop a comprehensive risk model and disaster recovery plan
- Create documentation for the Data Center Operations knowledge base
- Review and Approve operational procedures (Mechanical and Electrical) from the vendors and notify Turn internal of upcoming activities with potential impacts
- Leverage your vast data center experience to mentor and coach team members.
- 7-10 years experience in data center design, deployment and building scaling infrastructure
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Expert knowledge in data center practices (i.e. fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power usage)
- Expert working knowledge with server/network hardware and Linux OS
- Ability to make decisions and work with minimal direction
- Understanding of Electrical Power distribution and operation
- Familiar with data center cost models, economies of scale and ability to effectively negotiate contracts
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator
- CFD Modeling experience a plus
- A positive, service oriented attitude and track record of success.
- Occasional travel required. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally for work.
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
||Redwood City, CA 94063 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED