Data Center Engineer (-01692) Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings?
You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
Workday is looking for a Data Center Engineer to join our Production Infrastructure Team. You will have responsibility for the design, implementation, and maintenance of our Data Centers where we support Development, Production, and Implementing environments. With a growing customer base and a Software-as-Service model, you need to think security, scalability, and reliability -- constantly. You must enjoy the fast pace of an Internet company where the requirements for the data center infrastructure will change rapidly. Your daily work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. And, you won't be bored with repetitive tasks as you'll be busy growing your skills as the company grows.
* Ensure Workdayâs global physical Data Center infrastructure is consistent with our high standards of excellence
* Responsible for asset management: process deliveries and replenishes consumables. Coordinates shipping and receiving of materials to data centers. Operates and maintains tools, test sets, and electronic equipment
* Manage existing & new co-location vendor relationships, service levels, and installation services
* Maintain data center physical layout standards, including cabinet designs, hot/cold aisles, physical cage security, and cabling infrastructure
* Implement new data centers standards for new data centers and retrofit existing data center infrastructures
* Manage & enhance the Technical Operations asset management system
* Update and Maintain data center documentation including port maps, rack layouts, PDU outlets and asset management.
* Oversee co-location Smart Hands services
* Perform installation, racking, and cabling services for servers and network infrastructure, both personally and through smart hands services
* Perform maintenance on servers & network infrastructure, including physical parts replacements
*Assist with managing all hardware service contracts and actively manage performance against agreed upon service levels
* Providing on-call support for tier 1 and 2 data center escalations
* Regular travel to data centers in the U.S. and Europe required
* Technical degree or work experience equivalent
* Ability to work effectively with peers in systems engineering
* Hands on expertise and experience with data center wiring, racking and maintenance.
* Data Centers experience from Design to Operations with co-location or wholesale providers
* Attention to detail and personal pride in data center infrastructure is a must.
Working at Workday is no ordinary work day. Whether itâs our spirited company meetings, high-caliber workforce, recognition programs, or company events like CEO pool tournaments or rocking out to our company band Wrokday, we strive to surpass expectations while celebrating everything that makes us unique.
We count on our employees to deliver, sell and support top-notch Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for customers worldwide.
Join our team and experience Workday!
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace; however, we do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
LOCATION:Â Ashburn, VA
||Washington, DC |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services