Data Marketing Associate (Contract) Thumbtack
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED At Thumbtack we have access to a large and unique database of information that provides insights into what is happening in the U.S. small business economy. Our data marketing team uses that data to promote the Thumbtack brand by informing lawmakers, journalists, and the public at large about interesting trends that are happening in the service economy.
We're looking for a highly detail-oriented, hard-working person who would like to support this innovative data marketing team. As a data marketing associate, your charge will be to distribute the content we create at scale. You will be responsible for managing a remote team to build a database of journalists and others who might be interested in our news stories. You will pitch our data-driven stories to journalists and others nationwide. There's potential opportunity for this to grow into a position that strategizes with the data marketing team and works directly with journalists to promote our work.
You're a go-getter who's willing to roll up your sleeves and make it happen. You are very hard working, very detail oriented, and a team player. You have a lot of ingenuity that you like to apply to organizing and promoting innovative projects. Your calendar is well organized, and so are your thoughts so you can communicate them clearly to others. You are interested in promoting Thumbtack by building a network of contacts who will get the word out about Thumbtack's data insights through news articles, blog posts, and other public outlets.
- Build and maintain a scalable, quasi-automated process for pitching content to media contacts at scale.
- Support the Chief Economist in preparing a media launch for Thumbtack's annual Small Business Friendliness Survey.
- Organize and manage Thumbtack's list of contacts in media, government, and non-profit institutions, including generating new contacts and conducting outreach and follow-up with the most important contacts.
- Build and manage a release schedule for media outreach.
- Handle distribution of mass marketing promotional materials.
- Write training guides for our remote team based in the Philippines, and manage this team in developing lists of journalists to contact.
- Bachelor's degree or 1-2 year of related professional experience.
- Extremely detail oriented and willing to get hands dirty.
- Experience running and managing spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google Spreadsheets).
- Interest in data marketing and a passion for helping us get better at it.
This is a contract position that offers the flexibility to work from home or from our Salt Lake City office.
Why Should You Join Us?
- Incredible Traction: We're now helping millions of consumers a year across the country find the right pro and driving our business owners more than a quarter billion dollars worth of jobs annually. We're just getting started.
- Talented team: Our team is talented, fun, and passionate about what we do.
- Enormous opportunity: Local services are a $500+ billion market and the space is wide open. This is your opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a dent-making company that is solving a real problem for real people.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Ever wonder why you can buy any product online with a single click, but you can't hire a photographer, tutor, contractor, or other local service professional without a dozen phone calls So did we. Thumbtack's mission is to make it dramatically easier to hire services, at the same time empowering independent professionals to grow their businesses.Investors: Javelin
, MHS Capital
, Sequoia Capital All Jobs: at Thumbtack
|Headquarters:||454 Natoma St.|
San Francisco, CA 94103
|Industry:||Consumer Products and Services|
|Company Profile:||Thumbtack is making life easier. Thumbtack delivers multiple quotes from our network of vetted pros within 24 hours. We can help you maintain your home, plan your events, learn new skills, improve your wellness and more across all 50 states. By connecting local professionals directly with new clients, we're empowering more than 250,000 talented pros to grow their businesses. Thumbtack delivers custom quotes from vetted professionals for any service within 24 hours, enabling consumers to effortlessly compare prices and hire the perfect fit.
Come work and grow with great people who care about having a lasting impact.
Check us out - find out more information here:
Support Thumbtack with Social Media services