Data Migration Specialist (Technical Certification) Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Software exclusively serves the P&C insurance industry. We build and implement the core systems on which insurance carriers run their businesses. Unlike the legacy systems they are designed to replace, Guidewire applications support the workflow, collaboration with external partners, and rule-based decision-making that characterize modern underwriting and claims operations.
Guidewire applications also:
- Support personal, commercial, and workers compensation product lines
- Share a 100% web-based, Java technology platform
- Are optimized for scalability and integration
We are especially proud of our upgradeable and extremely flexible technology, and our unmatched level of customer success. Guidewire Software's Professional Services consultants work on-site in partnership with our customers to achieve successful implementations, while our Silicon Valley-based engineering team handles all product development.
To solidify our successful implementation track record, we provide Specialized Services which are responsible for assisting our customers and strategic partners in areas such as product upgrades, operational report development and standardized configuration development testing practices. We are enhancing our Data Migration Services practice to this arsenal to assist with migrating legacy policy, billing and claims data into the Guidewire products.
The Database Migration Specialist is responsible for the delivery of Data Migration Services to Guidewire customers and partners in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This person will work closely with decision makers on various internal teams as well as customers and partners to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support viable, cost-effective data migration solutions for customer projects. This individual must have substantial depth of experience in data migration approaches, methodologies, technologies and trends and have demonstrated abilities in successfully resolving challenging migration scenarios.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external parties.
- Actively support the company culture and founding principles.
- Serve as an internal expert and keep current on data migration approaches, methodologies, technologies, trends and issues.
- Work with Product Management, Development and Professional Services to understand and implement our customers' needs for data migration product support.
- Work with Professional Services and Sales leadership to support their efforts.
- Provide expertise to Guidewire consultants and partners working at customer sites, in addition to our SolutionCenter, Customer Support and Product Development teams, to diagnose and fix data migration problems that arise at a customer site.
- Attend internal meetings, read internal materials, and make periodic presentations to the Guidewire Professional Services and Product Development groups to educate them on data migration related problems, tools, and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate within the SolutionCenter team, customer support team, product development, QA, and Professional Services to resolve problems, optimize processes, and provide feedback for future improvements.
- Provide onsite and remote support for data migration projects
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Successful 5 - 10 year track record of implementing full lifecycle data migration projects for large-scale enterprise software applications.
- Strong experience in business, data, and application analysis for data migration as well as ETL development, testing, deployment and post-deployment stabilization.
- Strong experience with relational SQL databases (e.g. SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle).
- Experience coaching and mentoring teammates.
- Expertise in a modern programming language (Java preferred).
- Experience with multi-tier web applications.
- Ability to work successfully with client team members.
- Experience developing technical specifications and implementing those specifications through a combination of custom programming and product configuration.
- Demonstrated ability to design, program, test, and deploy complicated integration software.
- Experience with messaging and database connectivity.
- Ability to work with engineers to review technical designs and participate in code reviews.
- Flexible, enthusiastic approach to work including a strong desire to learn about new applications and a new business domain.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage schedules and provide ongoing support for technical projects and production customers.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, and test data migration related fixes/patches.
- Understanding of web/J2EE architecture.
- Fast learner that can think out of the box and come up with creative solutions.
- Fluent use of an ETL toolset.
- Experience with performance tuning SQL and databases.
- Knowledge of the property and casualty insurance industry or prior implementation experience on an insurance related project.
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies.
All applicants must be eligible to work without sponsorship in the US and provide evidence of work authorization.
Guidewire has been chosen by more than 90 property & casualty insurance carriers of all size and lines of business as a trusted software vendor. Guidewire has been the leader in claims systems in North America since 2003, with more selections than any competitor among carriers of any size. Guidewire's team includes executive and professionals with deep experience in both insurance and technology at companies including The Hartford, AIG, GEICO, McKinsey, Oracle, Seibel, Motorola, Ariba and Kana. Guidewire was founded to meet the needs of the P&C insurance industry. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, in addition to a geographically dispersed team of sales and services staff. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE
||United States, PA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services