Data Platform Engineer Prism
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Us:
Prism Skylabs? unique cloud service transforms any video camera into a visual merchandising, auditing, and business intelligence tool that can be accessed from any device. We extract data from video feeds and turn it into stunning imagery and insights to provide brick-and-mortar businesses in-store analytics to be successful in an increasingly digital world.
Our team hails from Stanford, Berkeley, NASA, and Google. We all share a deep commitment to exploring creative ways to collect, analyze and visualize one of the most interesting sources of information on the planet.
We are looking for a rock star data expert who can lead our data platform.
- Manage the strategy and principles around data management.
- Define and implement standards for ingesting, describing, governing, conditioning, modeling, indexing and storing data.
- Design and build best-in-class data platform in the cloud.
- Explore, implement, and extend novel technologies for interacting with and processing data in near real-time.
- Implement new architecture and provide thought leadership around making data faster, easier, and more efficient to process and consume.
- 7+ years of relevant experience with database technologies (ex. postgres), data management and architecture.
- Strong SQL experience with exceptional insight into data organization for search / querying.
- Familiarity with NoSQL technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra etc.
- Experience with data science computing platforms, BI tools and big data technologies.
- Proven track record of supporting large scale, data centric web apps and analytic dashboards.
- One or more modern high-level languages (preferably python).
- Experience interfacing with a modern web framework (rails, django, etc)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborating and dynamic environment.
- Development experience using IaaS platforms (preferably Amazon's AWS)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
- A strong open source presence (send us your profile links! github, stackoverflow, etc.)
- NIX ninja. Can you write quicksort as a 4 line shell script?
Send your resume and anything else you think would help us get to know you and the great stuff you can do: links to github account, FOSS contributions, portfolios, or other online presence.
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED