Data Scientist Medivo
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Medivo?s Labs Data Analytics practice
Medivo is the leading provider of electronic Labs Data services for the healthcare industry. Medivo?s Labs Data Analytics practice provides unique healthcare insights that improve lives and generate business success.
With over 15 years experience dealing with electronic Labs Data, Medivo is at the forefront of the digital healthcare transformation which integrates the traditional healthcare workflow into the digital universe.
We have launched innovative products and services that are transforming the way the healthcare stakeholders (providers, patients, partners) conduct their business.
Medivo?s Data Scientist
If you are passionate about expanding Healthcare?s digital capabilities and enjoy tackling new problems every day, join our team today!
As a Data Scientist, you will be part of a team dedicated to helping Medivo?s clients leverage electronic health data to improve and save live and generate business success.
We are seeking deep domain experience in big data technologies, data analysis, machine learning, and scientific programming.
You should possess great enthusiasm for applying these skills in novel ways to solve rich and interesting problems.
The Medivo Data Scientist uses advanced quantitative analysis, data mining techniques and strong industry acumen to interpret, connect and predict electronic labs data in order to deliver insight and recommendations for clinical and business decisions.
The Data Scientist is accountable to bring value to Medivo?s providers, patients and partners by extracting insights from Medivo?s Labs data asset.
- Develop clinical expertise in the conditions targeted by Medivo?s clients & partners, to provide consultative support as they formulate their strategy
- Work directly with Medivo?s clients to recommend the most relevant analytical services based on de-identified Labs data
- Work on large data sets of structured, semi-structured unstructured data to discover data insights and collaborate with Medivo?s stakeholders to deliver business value through these insights.
- Combine strengths in data management, analysis, applied statistics, visualization capabilities to perform custom or pre-defined Labs Data Analytics for Medivo?s clients
- Mine complex digital Labs data and transform it into actionable information. Specific projects include optimizing clients? sales territories, performing impact analysis of clients? promotional efforts, etc.
- Design ways to integrate traditional structured labs data with other sources, including unstructured data from web and social media or other healthcare data
- Work collaboratively with Medivo?s Lines of Business to explore and drive new business or healthcare insights
- The data scientist also collaborates with Dev, Data Architecture, BI & other Medivo teams to ensure that requirements for integration, security, data quality and cross functional usage are addressed
- Drive improvement efforts as necessary, design and develop statistical models based on the operating needs of the organization
- Maintain updated statistical knowledge
- Passionate about working with complex data, finding insights and telling a meaningful story based on the data and able to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Minimum of three years experience in either industry or academia in data mining, solutions development, real time testing/learning and improving customers? experience
- Extensive experience solving analytic problems using quantitative approaches and a proven passion for generating insights from data.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining techniques, including regression analysis, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, SVM (support vector machines); also preferred is familiarity with recommendation systems such as collaborative filtering, k-nearest neighbors, association rules, market basket analysis, SVD (singular value decomposition), and matrix factorization methods. Experience with data visualization a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply cutting edge statistical techniques to business problems and to leverage external thinking (from academia and/or other industries).
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem, ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on projects.
- The ability to create a strong network of relationships among peers, internal partners & external constituencies.
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics or related quantitative fields, or M.S. in related advanced quantitative field.
- Hands on expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- computational physics
- applied mathematics
- modeling of complex systems
- pattern formation in nonlinear systems
- numerical analysis
- data mining
- anomaly detection
- Strong programming skills with a solid understanding of object oriented languages and principles. Solid hands-on coding with Java or Python
- Experience in designing data insight solutions using technologies such as Hadoop/Hive, HBase, NoSQL, Netezza and working with statistical tools like SAS, R/Rapid Miner is preferred.
||55 Broad Street |
New York, NY 10004
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED