Data Scientist Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Title: Data Scientist - Reliability
The vehicle reliability engineering team is looking for a Data Scientist to join its team and exploit the benefits of big data approaches to improve reliability and delight our customers with exceptional vehicle quality.
- Explore data to identify trends and meaningful correlations that will help the reliability team understand root cause and come up with the most efficient corrective action.
- Apply statistical analysis on big data to drive decision making in reliability.
- Extract useful statistics and usage profiles from the existing fielded fleet in order to drive accurate design requirements for next generation vehicles.
- Create visualization methods to communicate data in a meaningful and actionable manner.
- Join scattered data schemes into a data hub that allows drilling down and correlating various parameters to improve reliability analysis accuracy and identification of hidden trends.
- Apply data mining algorithms to predict degradation trends and create predictive maintenance schemes for the vehicle fleet.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and database architecture schemes.
- Expert knowledge of Tableau Desktop and Tableau publishing methods. Experience with creating efficient extracts and live connections that don't impact server performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied statistics, and the ability to know which statistical method to use for different scenarios.
- Experience with R, JMP and JMP Scripting Language (JSL), Matlab.
- Programming skills, such as Python.
- Experience with hosting MySQL or Oracle servers
- A passion and curiosity for data and data-driven decision making
- Experience and interest in data visualization techniques. Ability to convey complex analyses with the most efficient and intuitive visual methods.
- Experience with reliability analytical methods is a plus, but not required (e.g. Weibull analysis, reliability growth analysis, reliability block diagrams etc)
- Experience in creating learning algorithms,
- Knowledge of optimization and Prognostics methods.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science, engineering, statistics or related discipline. MS or PhD preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a data scientist role.
- Experience working with large datasets
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED