Data Scientist Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Travel: 80% over night travel
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Data Scientists help enterprises obtain valuable insights from gigabytes to terabytes of data. Splunk data scientists answer organizations' most challenging analytical questions, including the ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. Successful Splunk data scientists feel comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds. Named one of the most innovative companies in 2013 and number one in Big Data, Splunk is looking to grow the foundation of its Data Science team.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
The Splunk Data Scientist will:
Requirements: I've already done that!
- Facilitate complex deployments of Splunk, working side by side with customers to solve their unique analytics problems across a variety of use cases
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive innovation gathered from customer input
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of analytics questions on their own
- 3-5 years of current experience in statistical modeling, business intelligence or big data analytics
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the customer's business
- Working knowledge of SQL, Hadoop or other big data technologies
- Understanding of simple statistical techniques (machine learning knowledge is a plus)
- Experience with R, MATLAB or Mahout is a plus
- Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow Splunkers
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Must be willing to travel up to 80% within North America
Education: I have that!
BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering, statistics, finance, mathematics or physics or equivalent work experience.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 5,000 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk has almost 1,000 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and regional headquarters in London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
||San Francisco Bay AreaTravel, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED