Data Scientist Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Data Scientist, Data Science Team
We use the phrase 'we're a tech company that does Real Estate' to emphasize how important engineering is to the company. Engineering is the department that drives our apps, tools, data, and interfaces forward. This attitude comes not only from the Engineers, but from our CEO and other top management. They believe in us.
We have awesome problems to solve.
The housing market provides a fantastic blend of problems. We need creative people to help us combine the data about every address in America with the soft side of helping people find a home that makes them feel safe, happy, and comfortable.
Stability is wonderful.
We're that rare company that holds the culture of its startup roots, while blending in the sanity of a regular work schedule with an emphasis on work/life/family balance. It's like this because we worked hard to make it this way.
The Data Science Team
Trulia has a large number of datasets related to real estate, geography, and the activity of its users. The Data Science Team is focused on turning this data into new product offerings and improved monetization. Examples of projects the team works on include personal recommendations, agent recommendations, machine learned search rankings, and email targeting algorithms. The team is involved in all aspects of these projects, from ideation to research to development to production.
The Data Scientist Role
A Data Scientist at Trulia typically works on a single project (e.g. apartment recommendations) for 1-6 months, and in a year may get the chance to contribute to a wide range of different products the company offers. The data scientist's tool of choice is machine learning, however much of the time on any project is spent wrangling very large datasets and writing production code.
* Experience with (or a strong desire to use) the latest AI, machine learning, and data mining algorithms. Experience with either network science or visualization algorithms is a bonus.
* Strong coding ability. MS or PhD in Computer Science preferred, but not required.
* Appreciation of good design and beautiful products.
* High-involvement, collaborative team member with effective communication skills.
* Interest in the real estate domain is a bonus!
Specific responsibilities may includeâ€¦
* Developing new machine learning models for search, recommendation, and monetization.
* Improving on existing models and systems.
* Building ground truth datasets using Mechanical Turk.
* Helping build the Data Science Team, including contributing project ideas, establishing best practices, interviewing data science candidates, following research trends, and attending conferences (e.g. KDD, NIPS).
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED