Data Solutions Specialist Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Software exclusively serves the P&C insurance industry. We build and implement the core systems on which insurance carriers run their businesses. Unlike the legacy systems they are designed to replace, Guidewire applications support the workflow, collaboration with external partners, and rule-based decision-making that characterize modern underwriting and claims operations.
Guidewire applications also:
- Support personal, commercial, and workers compensation product lines
- Share a 100% web-based, Java technology platform
- Are optimized for scalability and integration
We are especially proud of our upgradeable and extremely flexible technology, and our unmatched level of customer success. Guidewire Software's Professional Services consultants work on-site in partnership with our customers to achieve successful implementations, while our Silicon Valley-based engineering team handles all product development.
To solidify our successful implementation track record, we developed a Global Technical Support team that acts as the liaison between Professional Services, QA, and Development during our implementations and an on-demand basis following implementation. In addition, this team works very closely with our Customer Support team to ensure implementation and production related issues/information is shared between teams.
The Database Solutions Specialist within the Global Technical Support Team provides troubleshooting, diagnosis, and escalation of both Guidewire implementation project and customer production database related issues for our Services Consultants, Partners, and our customers. They perform detailed analysis on project and production issues to determine causes and appropriate solutions. They have substantial depth of experience in multiple types of databases (ie: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2) and have demonstrated abilities in successfully resolving challenging situations. They provide general assistance to their peers in the field, customer support and product development.
- Serve as an internal expert on database-level configuration, sizing, performance, and functional issues.
- Provide expertise to Guidewire consultants and partners working at customer sites, in addition to our Customer Support and Product Development teams, to diagnose and fix database problems that arise at a customer site;
- Serve as internal expert and advisor on RDBMS vendor and Guidewire DBA and database profiling tools available to the field and that we deliver with our products. As our products mature and our customer base expand, we're looking to give our customers and services better tools to manage their system from the database perspective. The Database Solutions Specialist will provide key input into enhancements to these tools and the priority of those features.
- Manage responses to database related issues as well as regular communications with project and customer support teams, meeting Guidewire Service Level Agreements appropriate to the audience and severity of the issues.
- Attend internal meetings, read internal materials, and make periodic presentations to the Guidewire Professional Services and Product Development groups to educate them on database-related problems, tools, and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate within the Global Technical Support, customer support team, product development, QA, and Professional Services to resolve problems, optimize processes, and provide feedback for future improvements.;
- Additional responsibilities will include:
- Authoring and maintaining white papers on best practices for database configuration and tuning.
- Working with the development team on future product performance tuning activities, including development of data distributions and workloads that reflect actual customer experience.
- Working closely with our Consulting and Technical Support teams by providing support and direction on critical issues.
- Successful 5 - 10 year track record of implementing or supporting complex databases for large-scale enterprise software applications.
- Strong experience in the core data database groups at both an infrastructure company (ie: Oracle, Informix, or ETL) and an application company (ie: Siebel, PeopleSoft). Has deep experience analyzing queries and tuning SQL in both the abstract sense and on a particular database, preferably Oracle SQL Server, or DB2. A large part of their role is to analyze performance runs and work with engineering and the field to optimize poor queries.
- DBA experience with a particular database (SQL ServerDB2, Oracle).
- Exposure and familiarity with Java.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage schedules and provide ongoing support for technical projects and production customers
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, enhance, and test database related fixes/patches
- Understanding of web/J2EE architecture
- Fast learner that can think out of the box and come up with creative solutions
- Scripting skills (Perl, Bash, etc.)
- AIX experience
- Unix administration skills
- Experience with object oriented programming
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior implementation experience on an insurance related project
- Previous implementation experience in at least two full life-cycle implementations
All applicants must be eligible to work without sponsorship in the US and provide evidence of work authorization.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services