Data Specialist Factual
Description: Factual is looking for fast-working, highly focused individuals with strong attention to detail and correctness, great organizational skills, and wide-ranging interests and areas of expertise.
Time: Full time candidates. Two internships will also be available for the 2010-2011 academic year.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a degree in engineering, science, or linguistics
- Be eager to learn new tools and skills related to data and analysis
- Be able to propose out-of-the-box strategies based on insights about data
- Excellent web research skills
- Familiarity with multiple languages
- Experience with data curation
- Evaluate and judge algorithmically generated data and assess data quality
- Research and analyze data on the web, including finding and evaluating data sources and providing answers for specific data questions
- Research domain-specific data standards in a variety of subjects (eg., international points of interest, health, entertainment, education)
- Apply data generation software and scripts
- Thoroughly document findings, assumptions, and conclusions
- Provide feedback and direction for data acquisition and scrubbing
- Author specifications to improve data processing and natural language processing, if appropriate
- Familiarity with Linux commands
- Regular expressions, XPath, or SQL.
||Los Angeles, CA |