Data Systems Architect Martin Group, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED CHR Solutions has a full-time opening for a Data Systems Architect. The Data Systems Architect occupies an important position in the ADG and reports directly to the ADG Director. Decisions made in this position will have long term impacts on the products that are built by the group. The Data Systems Architect is responsible for the integrity and effectiveness of all Data Models within all products of the Software Product Portfolio. This includes governance and change management of Data Models and Schema, along with approved, standardized configurations of RDBMS. The Data Systems Architect is also responsible for analyzing requirements and translating said requirements into design specifications. The Data Systems Architect is expected to have high-level knowledge in at least one product area and be well versed in the entire product line. The position requires significant technical expertise, best practice know-how, leadership qualities and architecture design, definition and communication skills. Leadership qualities are required to lead technical teams, act as a role model, and to influence executive management. A high degree of personal professionalism, integrity and business ethics is required to build trust relationships throughout the organization. CHR is a technology driven company therefore reusable architecture patterns and agile methodologies are a must. Creative problem solving and decisiveness is essential and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected in this position.
1. The Data Systems Architect is supported by DBAs within the Software Development Practice and is expected to provide them guidance, direction, and mentoring.
2. Participate in the Change Control Board and assume approval authority for submitted Change Requests relating to Data Models, Schema, SQL scripts and queries, Stored Procedures and standard RDBMS configurations.
3. Work in close partnership with the Project Managers to ensure technical integrity and successful delivery of high quality software products and projects.
4. Create and refine architectural views, models and documented artifacts.
5. Communicate architectural vision and specifications to development teams.
6. Analyze alternate architectures with formal trade studies and submit recommendations.
7. Analyze architecture to ensure it meets user requirements and specifications.
8. Create models and architectural documentation.
9. Direct and mentor software developers.
10. Review design documents for compliance with standards.
11. Work with Product Management on functional requirements.
12. Work with external teams supporting Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP).
13. Prepare Level of Effort (LOE) documents for Time and Expense work.
14. Do proof of concept work and build prototypes.
15. Do data modeling and normalization.
16. Critique implementations and perform code reviews.
17. Establish positive and collaborative relationships with internal clients and demonstrate a clear understanding of both internal and external requirements and performance criteria.
18. Coach and mentor ADG team members and subordinates, locally, nationally and internationally.
19. Ensure designs, architectures, and solutions satisfy all product, project and business requirements.
20. Ensure deliverables meet specifications through the development of models, tests and test data.
21. Fully document architecture, designs, solutions, models, specifications and tests in a fashion consistent with the architecture framework defined for the Project.
22. Participate in transition handoffs between project phases as needed by the Project Manager.
23. Ability to travel 25 by car and/or plane, may include weekend travel. Ability to travel internationally is required for some positions. Current passport and valid drivers license required.
Education and Experience Requirements
1. Master or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field preferred..
2. Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
3. Five or more years of experience in highly transactional data intensive application systems, data architecture and object oriented design and modeling, schema specification development, standardized design patterns, and system and information modeling.
4. Two or more years of experience that includes software integration, sustaining software engineering, software testing, software security, enterprise middleware, and high performance computing.
5. Strong technical and management skills with experience in organizing, prioritizing, planning technical system architectures for large-scale projects from design through implementation.
6. Comprehensive knowledge of architecture and design patterns for SOA, SaaS, Grids and Clusters. Experience of UML, .Net tool chain and agile best practices.
7. Good understanding and interest in Open Source products and community driven development an advantage.
8. Proponent of Model Driven Development, Test Driven Development, domain specific languages (DSL) and associated tool chains.
9. Experience in system planning, sizing, analysis, implementation, and management.
10. Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
||Sioux Falls, SD |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED