Database Administrator Martin Group, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED CHR Solutions has a full-time opening for a Database Administrator. This position will be filled in either our Sioux Falls or Mitchell, SD office. This is a highly technical support position providing assistance in the building and support of telecom applications (BSS/OSS). The Database Administrator will be fluent in the fundamentals of Relational Databases, Data Modeling, Microsoft SQL Server, and associated tools. The Database Administrator is responsible for client satisfaction in the use of CHR Solutions software with an extensive knowledge of the assigned software and a strong understanding of the functionality of the overall system.
1. Consult and interact with peers and other departments to determine impact of database changes and updates on other systems.
2. Administer user access levels on several database environments and grant/limit access to each database in the environment.
3. Review description of changes to database design to understand how changes affect the physical database.
4. Database modifications needed to correct data or convert data into databases.
5. Manage client complaints when escalated from client customer service representatives and CHR Solutions software support staff.
6. Use database tools to increase processing performance of databases.
7. Perform unit level testing for all software written and assists quality assurance and other teams with test plans and testing for system integration and scalability.
8. Provide technical support and leadership to clients and support teams (researching issues, recreating issues, communication with development, assisting with any client contact as needed).
9. Setup of new client systems and maintenance of existing systems.
10. Creation of and maintenance of internal and client database reports (SSRS).
11. Troubleshooting, performance tuning and debugging stored procedures and SQL queries.
12. Provide technical leadership in managing medium to large projects.
13. Create, update, or remove tables, stored procedures, etc. on test and production databases.
14. Develop and distribute database table modifications to the test and production databases.
15. Proactively seek solutions to help customers use CHR Solutions applications.
Education and Experience Requirements
- - Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field preferred.
- - Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
- - Two or more years of proven experience in database modeling and database administration.
- - Experience using Microsoft SQL 2005 and 2008 on large-scale projects.
- - Knowledge of multiple file access methods to include databases.
- - Knowledge of change control procedures and processes.
- - Ability to communicate to co-workers and clients at technical and non-technical levels.
- - Experience using SSRS and other database reporting and query tools and practices.
- - Familiar with MS SQL Server Management Studio.
- - Experience with MS SQL Server Reporting Services.
- - Experience with MS SQL Server Integration Services.
- - Experience Database Tuning and Profiling a database.
- - Experience with SQL Agent and creating jobs.
- - Ability to analyze database Indexes, Constraints, and write optimal DML statements.
- - Experience with configuring and maintaining database backups.
- - Experience with MS SQL Server security architecture.
- - Familiarity with SQL ANSI 92 standard.
- - Experience with concurrent applications in business critical environments.
- - Experience with transactional, message oriented software design patterns.
- - Experience with Microsoft relational databases in HA configurations.
- - Knowledge of BSS/OSS systems, telecom plant and facilities management preferred.
- - Ability to travel 25 by car and/or plane, may include weekend travel. Ability to travel internationally on extended assignments. Current passport and valid drivers license required.
||Sioux Falls, SD |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED