Database Architect Associated Content
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
As the Sr. Database Architect, you will work closely with several cross functional departments, understanding the project requirements and adapting a solution to our product with your database technical expertise. If you're a critical thinking with a stellar understanding of relational database models, specifically in high available web environments driven by performance. Then this role is for you
- Working with several cross functional departments within technology in understanding the project requirements and providing valuable database technical expertise towards the design and implementation of business unit projects
- Understanding of all components of the site infrastructure in order to make sound architectural decisions and implementations of new projects
- Provide excellent trouble-shooting skills with MySQL databases running on predominantly Dell hardware and a DASD storage unit. Provide Excellent trouble shooting skills within the framework of three tier application architecture
- Lead the assigned projects by understanding the Associated Content application, applications interaction with databases and provide and implement solutions, which are scalable and provide highest availability.
- Utilize toolset to diagnose and resolve production issues as part of project rollout or immediate post project rollout support.
- Take corrective action for operational problems with a goal of improving Continuous Operations excellence
- Setting up new databases, monitoring, creating necessary database objects as required by the projects, SQL-Review etc
- Complete tasks required to maintain service levels of project delivery and ensure availability of all site features and functions
- Be a technical mentor to the team members
- Provide the database best practice design methodologies and continuously re-assessing the infrastructure for opportunities of optimization that would save infrastructure costs and or getting the best out of our technology assets
- Minimum 7 years of Database modeling, database Administration experience including expert understanding of MySQL database architecture and internals, SQL-Tuning, writing effective SQL, setting up new MySQL databases, data replication, and an understanding of the limitations of Master / Master replication
- Proficiency with common Mysql database and data administration tools
- Troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of a multi-tiered, distributed web site
- Broad knowledge of common applications and technologies in Internet computing (web servers, app servers, database servers, load balancers, basic DNS management etc)
- Expert Understanding of multi-tier architectures from a conceptual level
- Working expertise with at least one scripting language (perl, bourne shell, php etc.)
- Ability to provide reliable technical support and guidance on routine site issues in a high velocity, dynamic environment
- Leadership qualities and strong procedural and architectural documentation skills, experience with related tools (such as visio) and demonstrated technical mentoring capabilities
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced.
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience.
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
||88 Steele Street |
Denver, CO 80206
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED