The successful candidate for this position will work closely with developers as they develop leading-edge, dynamic, robust medical applications with end users numbering in the hundreds of thousands in an Oracle environment.
- Assist in the planning, design and implementation of new consumer products, database projects and the database component of various engineering projects.
- Design database schema for new products/projects and schema modifications to support product enhancements.
- Assist software engineers in query performance tuning as requested. Help identify inefficient queries; suggest alternatives in a constructive manner.
- Write PL/SQL packages and stored procedures as part of product development.
- Share responsibility for responding to ad hoc requests.
- Ensure the quality, consistency and security of company data and database systems by following a defined set of procedures and facilities (change control, security procedures, etc).
- Follow standards â€" documentation, data formats, naming conventions and change control. Follow standardized routine database maintenance procedures across all environments.
- Actively address developer and business unit requests, clearly communicating commitments, issues, completion dates and status with the requestor and with management.
- Understand the corporate business and appropriately prioritize activities to best serve business needs.
- Keep in touch with technological advances. Evaluate and recommend upgrades and new technologies as appropriate for the enterprise.
- Minimum four years Database Developer experience
- Must have a detailed familiarity with relational database schema design and experience designing and implementing the database components of software applications
- Oracle experience is required, and Oracle 11G experience is desired
- Advanced PL/SQL skills are desirable; intermediate PL/SQL skills are required
- Knowledge of MySQL is a plus
- Proficiency with UNIX (Solaris and linux), shell scripting and crons are desired
- Must communicate effectively with management, peers and customers.
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
|Location:||San Mateo, CA |
|Headquarters:||1100 Park Place|
San Mateo, CA 94403