Dedicated Support Engineer - Plano, TX Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Role: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is searching for a Dedicated Support Engineer who will develop business relationships with the strategic customer's technical and management staff, and provide technical support to the customer by gaining first-hand knowledge of their environment, systems, and configurations. You are the primary connection between our customer base and Support. You are the customer advocate and will focus on building relationships, influencing technology recommendations and decisions to ensure IT investments align with customer objectives that are scalable for future growth.
Location: We're looking for people located in San Francisco, CA, Cupertino, CA or Plano, TX.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that!
- Technical Account Manager for strategic accounts
- Provide direct Technical Support for designated strategic accounts
- Advocate for the customer within Splunk by facilitating escalation of issues through appropriate internal organizations
- Deliver quarterly business reviews for managed accounts
- Participate in creating Statement of Work for Solutions consulting
- Create product documentation for customer deployments
- Facilitate and manage weekly product support meetings
- Create weekly metric reports
Education: Got It!
- Experience in the following: UNIX, Windows, and Mac OS X and solid knowledge of system administration and networking concepts
- 7-10 years IT experience in enterprise software
- 5 years in a Technical Support role
- Advanced negotiation and facilitation skills
- Ability to appropriately handle tense/stressful customer situations regarding issue resolution/escalation Strong organizational and project management skills with a focus on planning, setting priorities and delivering results under tight deadlines are a must.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels
- Ability to travel on occasion (less than 10%)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business required, Master Degree is preferred
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED