Delivery / Technical Project Manager mPortal
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description:
mPortal is looking for a Philadelphia based Delivery / Technical Project Manager that will work with multiple groups within the software delivery organization. The successful candidate will be tasked with managing multiple software development projects that are running concurrently, providing updates to team on project status, managing risk across multiple projects, and becoming a customer facing resource for meetings, conference calls, brainstorming sessions, as well as internal meetings with other mPortal teams. The Delivery/Technical Program Manager will be actively managing software development and testing teams both on-shore and off-shore, and will be expected to manage multiple work streams in a hands-on manner, and communicate project status to mPortals customers.
In addition to project management capabilities, this position requires an outstanding grasp of software development and technologies. The successful candidate is expected to lead and participate in technical discussions related to software projects, and should be willing to take full accountability for the projects outcome and will be responsible for raising issues in a timely manner to mitigate risk. He or she will be self-motivated, proactive, and demonstrate high levels of creativity and initiative. The candidate will not require a lot of direct supervision to accomplish objectives, and should thrive in a small, fast-paced entrepreneurial company.
- 8+ years of project management experience.
- Significant experience in both developing and managing development of iPhone, Blackberry, Android and/or enterprise-class Java applications.
- Deep understanding of how handset platforms are architected and how they interact with the network.
- Significant experience with Agile/RAD type environments.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written. Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels and in multiple situations and settings.
- Previous experience in working with large software development consulting companies is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good understanding and knowledge in Mobile Application development, as well as experience working with Tier 1 and Tier 2 mobile network operators.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple locations (both in the US and off-shore).
- Must be based in Philadelphia, or be willing to travel at least 60 of the time.
||Philadelphia, PA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED