Demonstration Team Lead Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Demonstration Solutions team is responsible for delivering creative, solution-focused demonstration implementations to the Sales organization for presentation to prospects. We are currently expanding our team at headquarters to dedicate more time and effort to support our sales efforts. The position involves working directly with members of the Sales and demonstration solutions development team to configure our complex solution demonstrations that include country specific localizations. In this role we look for critical thinkers - people who can rapidly consume domain knowledge and design and configure comprehensive functionality in Guidewire's suite of products. We place a high value on being able to contribute to a fast paced environment in a multitude of development related tasks. The successful candidate will have 5+ years of software development experience or configuring packaged application software with experience in leading successful software implementations. As a team lead, you will be responsible for managing multiple releases of our demonstration solution to the Sales organization. This will require working with the Sales Consultants to gather and prioritize requirements, managing the development and testing Sprints, and working with the other regional team leads for release planning. You will also be an active part of development and therefore will require hands on development experience. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working in a diverse team environment following Agile processes for software development. You must have strong technical skills, such as the ability to code in an object oriented programming language, editing XML configuration files, or troubleshoot environment configuration issues. Although this is not a customer facing role it may include direct participation in sales opportunities and proofs-of-concept: designing, developing, and configuring creative and innovative solutions to prospects' requirements. The candidate filling this position will be based out of Guidewire's headquarters in Foster City, CA. As a team lead, you will:
In addition we are looking for teammates who:
- have other team members reporting to you and therefore will need to be a proven leader with team management experience.
- take ownership of the product backlog and work with both the Sales Consultants, Team Leads, and other team members to plan and implement multiple releases. You should also be able to identify the differences between an out of the box feature versus demo feature applied to the product
- willing to participate in product update meetings and share it with the rest of team.
are highly technical with experience in following areas:
- have demonstrated ability to understand business process needs, rationalize those needs into technical solutions and to conceptualize which needs can be satisfied through our software. The solution design should consider the potential impact across different regions.
- have experience with (or are willing to) work with an international team which at times may mean working outside of local business hours
- can quickly, easily, and enthusiastically learn how to use new technology
- are self-driven with a high level of creativity
- are capable of handling a wide variety of tasks - product configuration one minute, database management the next, articulating business solutions the nextâ€¦
- have strong oral and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Object oriented programming fundamentals (inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, etc.)
- Programming experience in Java, C#, VB .NET
- Operating systems (Windows)
- Source control and build frameworks (Subversion, CVS, Perforce, Ant, CruiseControl)
- Software testing and test frameworks (JUnit, JMeter)
Why Guidewire? As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do. Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and now, Dublin. Guidewire is a public company traded on NYSE under the symbol GWRE.
- Gosu experience
- Property and Casualty Insurance Industry Experience (or even life/health)
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services