Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone.
You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. Without passion, you would find what we're trying to do too difficult.
You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
You'll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
Electromechanical Engineer â€" Vehicle Systems
As an Electromechanical Engineer for Vehicle Systems, you will have technical responsibility over the design, development and layout strategies for vehicle electrical systems. You will work cross functionally with interior, exterior, body structure and closures vehicle engineering groups in order to design, integrate and attach electrical system components future for Tesla platforms. You will report to the Director of Body Engineering. This position resides within Tesla's Vehicle Engineering Team.
- You will work in a product engineering environment and be responsible for designing automotive electrical component and systems to include (but not limited to): electrical connectors, interior switches, door modules, electric latching systems and control assemblies, window regulators, wiring harnesses, electrical systems for power liftgate, next-generation outside/inside door hardware, handle systems
- You will develop engineering specifications, design verification test plans for electrical vehicle systems and electromechanical modules/components
- You will be responsible for utilizing product engineering processes such as DFMEA and test/documentation methods eg DVP&R
- You will contribute to the design of routing and tie down strategy and service loops for harnesses across jointed structures
- You'll perform design and CAD modeling of vehicle harnesses, connectors, modules, clips and ties, and mechanical mounting brackets and hardware (or other innovative attachment means for electronic modules), where low-weight is of high importance â€" CATIA v5
- You will analyze and document clash conditions or clearances between harnesses, wiring, modules, attachment hardware, and the adjacent components in the vehicle
- You'll have hands-on integration involvement for electronics and harness packaging in prototype vehicles and during production ramp-up
Ideal Candidates will have:
- ...a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and at least 5 years of experience in electromechanical module design and packaging engineering on automotive vehicle programs
- ...expertise in 3D CAD modeling - minimum of 3 years or 5000 hours of experience on CATIA v5
- ...in-depth technical expertise in practical experience with design and validation of electromechanical modules, and wiring strategies including crimping, grounding, shielding, sealing, twisted pairs, sheathing and taping, wire and harness tie-down hardware and innovative attachment methods in vehicle applications
- ...a minimum 4 years of experience in designing complex automobile electrical systems and working across vehicle systems (Closures, Interiors, Exteriors, Body Structures, etc) to develop and execute vehicle electrics strategy
- ...experience in at least 3 full lifecycle automotive product development programs demonstrating the ability to effectively collaborate and manage suppliers to execute designs for low-weight, cost effective brackets, fasteners and other innovative attachment means for electronic modules
- ...an understanding of 12V power distribution, grounding strategies, noise issues for signals and conductor sizing is highly preferred
- ...demonstrated an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout your career
|Location:||Fremont, CA |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|