Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla achieved profitability early Q1 of 2013 and delivered more than 4,900 Model S to customers in North America. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year.
Tesla is currently seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to join our team in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Provide day-to-day delivery and technical support for end-users of desktop applications, telephones, handheld email devices, printers and computer hardware.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including Company management and outside business associates
- Strong attention to details with excellent follow up.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise independent judgment consistent with department guidelines\standards
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes
- Ability to maintain updated knowledge of procedures, products and activities of assigned area
- Ability to adhere/respond to established time frames and schedules
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software
- Weekend and after hours on call rotation.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training/education
- Requires 8+ years of experience in desktop support
- Requires basic knowledge of phone system support
- Knowledge of computer applications (i.e.: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Project, Windows, Visio, etc.) required
- Knowledge of Windows environment and computer hardware and software at an intermediate or advanced level
- Experienced in remote customer support including wireless LAN access, VPN, DSL, and Cable services.
- Experience in Backups, Active Directory, Exchange 2007\2010, and Windows server environments
- Experienced in supporting PDA's (Blackberry, Droid, iPhone and iPad).
- Experienced in supporting senior level executives
- Experienced in Altiris (Imaging, packaging, scripting)
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- HDI Preferred
- ITIL Foundation
- Experience in network administration and telecommunications
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.