Desktop Support Specialist - Level 2 All Covered
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description
All Covered, a division of Konica Minolta, is focused on enabling the success of small and medium-sized businesses through the effective use and management of technology. The company is the US industry leader in the provision of IT Services for companies with between 10 and 100 employees. Our company serves 37 of the top 100 cities in the US and has thousands of clients across every major industry.
Our comprehensive services, including network, server and desktop support, are delivered by a world-class team of technical experts. They possess a broad-based knowledge and take a vendor neutral approach. Our success with over 1,000 contracted clients has created a need for outstanding IT talent looking for exciting and lucrative career opportunities.
Our culture is based on a core team of professionals always striving to deliver the best solutions for our clients. We value honesty, enthusiasm, respect, ownership, excellence and a service oriented attitude. This culture is essential to our success, distinguishing us from our competition and enabling us to hire and retain the best and brightest people in this business.
The objective of the Support Specialist II (SS-II) is to provide superb customer service reflecting the client-centric and quality focused mission of All Covered through the direct provision of remote and on-site support to our clients. The Support Specialist II will interact daily with clients and works with other Client account stakeholders in understanding client support requests, technical needs and requirements. The Support Specialist II is primarily focused on a mix of end user support and entry level system administration functions.
Duties and Essential Role Functions:
- Provide on-site and remote end user and server support with focus on:
- Client satisfaction
- Service delivery quality
- Technical excellence
- Proactive maintenance, documentation, and testing of client network environments through a combination of scheduled onsite and remote work using prescribed checklists
- Perform end user support as it relates to desktop, server and Mobile communication technologies.
- Perform Basic network diagnostics and repairs.
- Participate in technical discussions with clients and client stakeholders that impact the client?s business continuity and growth.
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise in focused area(s) as local team, market and Regional needs dictate.
- Professionally document all work performed and submit accurate timecards on a daily basis.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of client?s network environment and supporting material that ensures consistent quality remote support by any member of the Service Delivery Team.
- Project Deployment ? the SS-II will at times work with assigned project leads and Project managers, working assigned tasks and within defined project scope and milestones to ensure the successful deployment of I.T. projects for our clients
- Work with other team members to identify new revenue opportunities, primarily via projects, within their assigned clients
- Respond to communications from team members within timelines established by All Covered?s communications standards
- Effective Utilization target of 95%
- Timely escalation of issues that prevents the SS-II from performing the above job functions.
- The SS-II is required to participate in the on call rotation that may include off hours onsite visits
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one of the following industry certifications is required
- CompTIA Network+
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) ? Exams 70-410 and 70-411
- Minimum of 2 years? experience supporting and installing Windows Desktop operating systems (Windows XP and above)
- Minimum of 1 years? experience performing entry level Server/network administration (Windows Server 2003 and above)
- Advanced knowledge and proven record deploying and supporting Microsoft Office applications (Minimum Office 2007, Office 2010 and above preferred
- Basic understanding of and practical entry level Support experience of Firewall appliances and services (Cisco ASA and/or SonicWall NexGen models highly preferred).
- Basic understanding of the following protocols and networking services: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switching
- Good understanding of and practical deployment experience of Client Mobile messaging devices including Blackberry, iPhone, Android handhelds and Tablets..
- Basic understanding of and practical support experience of Server Mobile messaging technologies including Blackberry Enterprise Server and Active Sync
- Basic understanding of and practical administration experience of Backup processes, software and hardware
- Basic understanding of WLAN, security concepts
- Proven troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Level 2 Escalation - Provide Subject matter expertise to diagnose and remedy end user issues that are escalated by Clients, client stakeholders and/or other members of the service Delivery team (Primarily from Support specialist I)
- Ability to communicate with users over the phone and provide remote support using a variety of remote support tools
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter ? function autonomously, with minimal supervision
- Strong team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain technical issues in clear and understandable language
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated dedication to consistent quality
- Possess valid and clear drivers? license and have access to a good working car and/or other form of reliable transportation as required
- Daily interaction with team members and a variety of clients. The SS works closely with the Engineering Team Lead and Client Account stakeholders to ensure consistent quality service Delivery.
- Must be aware of and make best use of proper escalation procedure for technical and non-technical client issues in order to achieve timely quality resolution and client satisfaction
The majority of work will be performed at client locations which may vary in terms of quality of workspace. Must be able to lift, carry, and reposition all parts of user workstations, servers, network appliances, printers and other information technology equipment as required. Frequent driving or commuting from one client location to another is required.
Konica Minolta offers:
- Excellent salary, commissions, bonuses and expense allowance.
- Outstanding benefits package (incl. medical, dental, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Excellent holiday/vacation plans.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Ongoing training opportunities.
- Visible, exciting work supporting the sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
Konica Minolta is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D Committed to Affirmative Action.
All Covered is a Gold Certified Microsoft Partner.
||Vienna, VA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED