Developer Evangelist in any major U.S. city (remote role) Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
- Inspire and equip developers in the Twilio community to build awesome stuff.
- Get out in the wild: meet with developers at hackathons, meetups, conferences, and other events, both local and national.
- Generate content - blog posts, sample code, screencasts, how to's, tweets - whatever gets the word out & helps developers discover Twilio and our API.
- Provide world-class customer support on Twilio forums, email, social networks and wherever else technical questions arise.
- Help developers envision, build, and ship projects and products using Twilio.
- Gather and socialize feedback that will inform Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Sales decisions.
- You're a world class hacker and hustler combined - the deadly combination of technical and social savvy.
- You revel in the success of those you help - you love to help developers build great things.
- You've built web applications before and are familiar with the most current web development technologies.
- You are an extroverted geek who is passionate about learning new technologies and telling others about geek exploits.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You blog about technical topics, and frequently talk shop on Twitter, forums, IRC, etc.
- You have experience building community around something you are passionate about (kickball, rock and roll, functional programming - whatever you are passionate about).
- You have the ability to work and travel independently with unwavering professionalism and high productivity.
- You are comfortable working weekend events to inspire great hackathons.
- Previous experience as a web developer, technical evangelist, technical product manager or other role where both technical and social skills are required.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong technical presentation skills.
- Personal interest in technical problem solving, helping customers save time and money, and "lean startup" methodology.
- A bias towards action and the ability to work well in a fast-paced and ever-evolving startup environment.
- A degree from a competitive school where you focused on writing software or English - either's good.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Please send us your resume and cover letter.
- Please include links to your blog, Twitter, etc. where we can learn more about you and what you believe.
- Wanna really stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services