Developer Evangelist in any major U.S. city (remote role) Twilio Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
- Inspire and equip developers in the Twilio community to build awesome stuff.
- Get out in the wild: meet with developers at hackathons, meetups, conferences, and other events, both local and national.
- Generate content - blog posts, sample code, screencasts, how to's, tweets - whatever gets the word out & helps developers discover Twilio and our API.
- Provide world-class customer support on Twilio forums, email, social networks and wherever else technical questions arise.
- Help developers envision, build, and ship projects and products using Twilio.
- Gather and socialize feedback that will inform Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Sales decisions.
- You're a world class hacker and hustler combined - the deadly combination of technical and social savvy.
- You revel in the success of those you help - you love to help developers build great things.
- You've built web applications before and are familiar with the most current web development technologies.
- You are an extroverted geek who is passionate about learning new technologies and telling others about geek exploits.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills. You blog about technical topics, and frequently talk shop on Twitter, forums, IRC, etc.
- You have experience building community around something you are passionate about (kickball, rock and roll, functional programming - whatever you are passionate about).
- You have the ability to work and travel independently with unwavering professionalism and high productivity.
- You are comfortable working weekend events to inspire great hackathons.
- Previous experience as a web developer, technical evangelist, technical product manager or other role where both technical and social skills are required.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong technical presentation skills.
- Personal interest in technical problem solving, helping customers save time and money, and "lean startup" methodology.
- A bias towards action and the ability to work well in a fast-paced and ever-evolving startup environment.
- A degree from a competitive school where you focused on writing software or English - either's good.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Please send us your resume and cover letter.
- Please include links to your blog, Twitter, etc. where we can learn more about you and what you believe.
- Wanna really stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED