Developer Evangelist in any major U.S. city (remote role) Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications that are cloud based, scalable, and focused on great user experience.
- More than 200,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building everything from call centers (Zendesk) to SMS notifications (Uber).
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia and WalmartLabs.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help us change communications forever.
- As a developer evangelist for Twilio, your job is to inspire and equip developers to change the way the world communicates. Our primary vehicle for doing this is service to local, national, and international developer communities. A developer evangelist might be found serving in many different capacities:
- Creating technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific solutions or use new technologies.
- Organizing and volunteering at local, national, and international developer events.
- Speaking and sharing his/her expertise at user groups and conferences.
- Educating and empowering developers, giving technical workshops and brown bags.
- Writing production-quality code and contributing to Twilio's open source helper libraries and other projects.
- Building partnerships with individuals, companies and organizations that serve the same communities we do.
- Connecting and networking with other developers and entrepreneurs to identify how Twilio might help them be even more awesome.
- Gathering and socializing product feedback that will inform engineering, sales, and marketing decision making.
- Supporting our developers wherever they are, on forums, social media, and everywhere in between.
- A Twilio developer evangelist should be a software development professional with a track record of delivering web and/or mobile applications. Strong communications skills are also essential to serve in this role. Some specific qualities we are looking for are:
- Leadership and service in developer communities.
- Strong technical writing skills demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
- Strong and diverse engineering skills - if you were writing code full time, you'd be a great performer. You also have a finger on the pulse of current development technologies across several platforms.
- Social and hustling skills - a lot of great connections and opportunities are discovered simply by getting out and talking to people. This is something you should be able to do well.
- Public speaking experience or aptitude is essential for inspiring developers. A developer evangelist needs to deliver presentations that are effective and respectful of an audience's time and attention.
- Friendly and approachable people do well as the teachers and mentors we're looking for.
- Willingness to travel to anywhere our developer communities live, and stay productive and professional on the road.
- Ability to work irregular hours and some weekends to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, and other developer events.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction is also essential.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Excellent gear (we Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
How to apply:
- Please include a cover letter along with your resume, describing why you believe you'd be a great fit for the team.
- Links to other web sites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Twitter, Dribbble, Deviant Art portfolio, etc.) are greatly appreciated.
- Wanna really stand out? Sign up for a Twilio account and build an app with the API. Share the source code with us and tell us what you liked about the experience. Spend more time telling us what can be improved.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services