Developer Evangelist Apigee
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Apigee, The API Company
Apps are changing the way we live, and APIs are the secret ingredient that makes apps work. Apigee gives businesses and developers everything they need to be successful in the app economy. Hundreds of companies including AT&T, eBay, Pearson, Gilt Groupe, and Walgreens use Apigee to reach new customers and drive innovation through APIs.
Apigee's API Platform enables businesses and developers to deliver well designed, scalable APIs and apps, drive developer adoption, and extract business value from their API ecosystem.
About Apigee People
Apigee hires smart people who love to solve hard problems and have fun. We?re passionate. We love APIs, we love our customers, and we love application developers. We work as a team, fast and focused, learning as we go. We respect one another, our customers and everyone we do business with.
About being a Developer Evangelist at Apigee
Apigee is seeking Developer Evangelists who will represent Apigee online and at physical events. Honestly, most Developer Evangelism positions suck (we know, we?ve held a few). You?re often given a rigid company pitch & told to hammer it at as many sponsored opportunities as possible, asked to ?leverage your existing online following? and are left with no time to code. Instead of pitchmen, we want our evangelists to be educators ? finding cool technologies & use cases from inside & outside Apigee, learning from them & the people that build them and sharing the results with the world. There will still be a lot of travel, a lot of cool people to meet, and lots of time in the spotlight, but our only aspiration for this position is to give you the freedom to show the world how passionate you are about apps, APIs & data.
The Developer Evangelist will...
- Organize free software development classes and teach people how to build mobile apps, with or without Apigee, in HTML5, iOS or Android (See example: https://apigee-hou-2013.eventbrite.com/)
- Submit proposals and appear at conferences, get involved at meetups and participate in panels on topics of general interest to developers
- Appear in online webcasts, record video tutorials and write blogposts
- Connect with other evangelists, venues and community organizers in your territory
- Create or get involved in existing open-source software projects
- Build apps and prepare other technical content necessary to sustain your activity
Think you might be our Developer Evangelist? You?
- Have already spoken at several conferences or meetups
- Have organized at least one event for more than 50 people (technical or not)
- Have acted as an educator in the past, on a technical or non-technical topic, for example as a teaching assistant, mentor, tutor, tutorial writer, etc.
- Possess technical aptitude--you likely have a Github account demonstrating your interaction with many different programming languages and frameworks
- Have built at least one large application in one of them and have played around with RESTful APIs, mobile apps and a NoSQL database before
- Are obsessive about your slides and your prose
- Are eager to travel, sometimes internationally (travel will be at least 50% of the time)
- Can be based anywhere in the US and will be working for us remotely
Maybe you even...
- Held one of these roles in the past: evangelist, community manager, event organizer, sales representative, teacher or trainer
- Have a CS or Engineering degree
What this job is NOT:
- You will not be tasked with business development or sales
- You will not be doing sales architecture, pre-sales or consulting work for customers
- You will not be primarily tasked with frontline support or documentation writing
- You will not have to bootstrap adoption for our platform from scratch--we already have plenty of users and wide name recognition in the community
Apigee offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
We are a non-accrued vacation time company, whereby we allow as much time you need for personal and vacation matters, with proper management approval. There is freedom in planning the workday with flexible start and stop times subject to the company's needs.
Apigee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
||Palo Alto, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED