Developer Support Engineer Apigee
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Apigee, The API Company
Apps are changing the way we live, and APIs are the secret ingredient that makes apps work. Apigee gives businesses and developers everything they need to be successful in the app economy. Hundreds of companies including AT&T, eBay, Pearson, Gilt Groupe, and Walgreens use Apigee to reach new customers and drive innovation through APIs.
Apigee's API Platform enables businesses and developers to deliver well designed, scalable APIs and apps, drive developer adoption, and extract business value from their API ecosystem.
About Apigee People
Apigee hires smart people who love to solve hard problems and have fun. We?re passionate. We love APIs, we love our customers, and we love application developers. We work as a team, fast and focused, learning as we go. We respect one another, our customers and everyone we do business with.
About Being a Developer Support Engineer
Apigee is seeking a Developer Support Engineer who will be Apigee?s key troubleshooter when API policies or the applications that use them experience problems. The Developer Support Engineer will provide code-level analysis of applications making use of our core API management solutions, identifying problems & recommending solutions, and will interact with and support Apigee as well as third-party developers.
We seek an Engineer who wants to work with cutting edge technology and loves seeing exciting new mobile applications interact with our gateway products. You should have strong coding skills, love troubleshooting challenging coding issues and participating in developer communities. In depth experience of mobile application and web development is a definite plus.
As a Developer Support Engineer, you will be a member of a global Product Support organization, based in Apigee?s Palo Alto office.
The Developer Support Specialist will?
- Provide troubleshooting and technical advice for on-premises and cloud-based customer implementations
- Provide strong technical leadership and guidance to both customer and Apigee project teams, including teams that are geographically distributed
- Assist Apigee and third-party developers in troubleshooting their applications and API policies
- Assist Apigee Support Engineers in debugging and correcting (if possible) applications and API policies that interact with Apigee API products
- Write sample code, review APIs
- Be available as part of an on-call rotation for emergency resolution of application issues.
- Produce coherent knowledge base articles to enable Support Engineers and customers to resolve issues without further escalation
- Get his/her hands dirty at every level of the customer's technology stack
Think you are Apigee's Developer Support Engineer? You bring to the table?
- Serious smarts and analytical firepower
- Consulting experience with the communication skills and technical knowledge to advise and lead customers who are evolving their businesses to be better, faster, and less expensive
- Strong ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing customer requirements
- Experience absorbing use cases, user stories, design and architecture specifications
- Strong listening, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability for independent, detail-oriented thinking
- Strong orientation toward high-quality deliverables and high customer satisfaction
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills (English), presentation / public speaking skills
- Experience working in global organizations
- Bachelor of MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Desirable but not necessarily required:
- Solid Linux command line and/or system administration skills
- Experience in building scalable, distributed, server-based enterprise-class applications using J2EE or .Net (this is more for the knowledge that comes from building such systems than the actual technology experience itself)
- Experience designing and implementing systems that expose REST-based APIs
- Experience in XML, XSLT and related technologies
- An understanding of networking concepts and technologies (DNS, load balancing, firewall rules, etc.)
- Experience with or exposure to SOAP and SOA technologies
- An understanding of cloud hosting in Amazon EC2 would be helpful
Apigee offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
We are a non-accrued vacation time company, whereby we allow as much time you need for personal and vacation matters, with proper management approval. There is freedom in planning the workday with flexible start and stop times subject to the company's needs.
Apigee is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
||Palo Alto, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED