Development Manager Everyday Health
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Overview:
Everyday Health is the largest privately held online health company and operates a network of health, diet, fitness, and pregnancy Web sites, which attract over 26 million unique users per month across 24 sites. As health happens daily, we provide the expert guidance and daily tools for consumers to make the best health choices, actively manage their conditions and live healthier lives.
Health also happens locally. Good health is the result of a direct relationship with local doctors, dentists, hospitals, personal trainers, gyms, dieticians and many other practitioners. The company has made a significant investment in building a large, dynamic and entrepreneurial division focused on the local market. This division is a fast-growing incubator that has been given the resources to quickly acquire and build its local media business.
We are growing fast and need to expand our team of talented software engineers. We are looking for individuals that have a genuine interest in technology and proven ability to get things done. If your idea of fun involves firing up your editor and doing some refactoring or reading up on distributed caching, then read on?
Everyday Health Inc. is looking for a Development Manager to join this new division and be a part of our highly collaborative technical team. This hands-on Development Manager needs to work alongside business stakeholders, product owners, and developers to help build and manage highly interactive, dynamic and data driven online applications.?
What we use:
- ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET WebForms
- MS SQL SERVER 2008
- TFS, SVN
- And we?re always looking ahead. Right now that means experimenting with Varnish, CouchBase, Memcached, and more?
- Oversee the development roadmap and manage a small team of direct reports
- Coordinate the team?s quality assurance plans for all projects
- Anticipate business needs and propose efficient technology solutions to requirements
- Identify and escalate potential concerns related to project initiatives and recommend viable solutions
- Stay current with technology and industry best practices to ensure that skill set/knowledge base remains broad and current
- Have at least 3 years managing a software development team, and at least 5 years of experience creating data-driven applications that leverage the ASP.NET, C# & Framworks 2.0 and higher
- Have the ability to read and write code that leverages complex OO concepts as well as design patterns
- Take pride in database-design and writing SQL/T-SQL that performs optimally
- Not afraid to propose solutions that challenge the status quo
- Willingness to handle both large projects and small tasks as needed
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks across multiple projects, under tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills that team building skills
- Experience with large traffic sites and caching mechanisms
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience in media sites is a plus
||Manhattan, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED