Development Support Engineer â Seattle, WA Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
The support team at Splunk is a critical part of our future success, and we are looking for absolutely the best people out there. We take the success of our customers seriously. We feel their joy. We feel their pain. Are you up for the challenge?
Splunk is seeking a Development Support Engineer to provide developer-to-developer assistance for our customers and partners building solutions using Splunk's API and SDKs. This is a very dynamic role where you will work closely with senior engineers and developers to fix & improve code, facilitate architecture discussions, and provide highly technical solutions to support requests.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Provide a detailed level of technical assistance to ensure that our customers get the most out of our development environment
- Engage and collaborate with the Splunk development community
- Troubleshoot various technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Provide developer-to-developer support for Splunk's REST API and various SDKs
- Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk developers
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
Education: Got it!
- 5-7 years (may look at someone with 7-10 years) prior experience in a similar role supporting developers.
- Be able to quickly understand and interpret customer problems, and a passion for resolving technical issues
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Solid understanding of various development methodologies (Waterfall, Scrum, Agile)
- Be able to isolate problems between Splunk's development environment and third parties and provide information to appropriate development team(s)
- Experience with the following systems: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Windows, and Mac OS X
- Solid knowledge of regular expressions, data modeling, and statistics
- Development knowledge in the following areas: Python, Perl, .NET, C++, shell scripting, XML.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED