DevOps Engineer Bazaarvoice
Bazaarvoice is a social commerce (SaaS) company that empowers the world?s best brands to facilitate customer conversations by providing a platform to post reviews, ask and answer questions, and share stories. Our software is integrated into 1000+ of the biggest brand sites on the web, including Macys.com, Travelocity, BestBuy.com and Infinity. We have millions of reviews in our databases, and power over 13 Billion page views across hundreds of millions of visitors per month.
Bazaarvoice is an open, creative and collaborative culture, where passion and excellence rule. You have the opportunity to work within a world-class organization bringing cutting-edge interfaces and functionality to market on leading eCommerce sites. Great ideas can come from anywhere. We?re looking for imaginative people who want to be a part of the conversation and have an impact on the future of social commerce. We were awarded one of the Best Places to Work in Austin (2010, 2011) and London (2011).
Who We Want:
Bazaarvoice serves traffic on some of the biggest websites on the internet. Every day our content is served to tens of millions of people making tens of thousands of requests per second, resulting in tens of thousands of gigabytes of traffic. Our request logs alone add up to almost 1TB daily. If the thought of doubling these numbers excites you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Develop internal tools and processes to maintain stability and performance of our infrastructure
- Work with Development teams to build applications in an Operationally sustainable way
- Design cross-datacenter, world-wide systems with a high availability mindset
- Research, analyze and propose new technology solutions for Bazaarvoice's infrastructure
- Make things go faster
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role:
- Bachelor's degree in CS, EE or MIS; or equivalent experience
- Experience with high-volume, high-availability web services with short and near real-time
- 5+ years experience with LAMP development/administration
- Hands-on scripting with shell & Python/Ruby/Perl
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking & DNS
- Excellent project management, communication, prioritization and analytical skills
- Strong customer service mindset
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, VPC)
- Experience with advertising tech
- Hadoop/BI/Big Data
- Open source contributions
||3900 N. Capital of Texas Hwy |
Austin, TX 78746
Bazaarvoice, one of Austin's leading, venture-backed Web startups that serves domestic and international Fortune 500 brands with word of mouth online technology and services. We have experienced explosive growth with featured articles in the New York Times, AdAge, Fortune Magazine, and we are the only Texas-based startup to make the Red Herring 100 North America and Global list.Investors: Austin Ventures
, Battery Ventures
, First Round Capital All Jobs: at Bazaarvoice
|Headquarters:||3900 N. Capital of Texas Hwy|
Austin, TX 78746
|Company Profile:||About Bazaarvoice
Bazaarvoice is a SaaS company that brings the power of social commerce to the world's best brands. Social commerce happens when you connect customers to one another in ways which drive measurable results to your business. Bazaarvoice helps all types of businesses capture, display, share, and analyze customer conversations online. Our combination of technology and personalized services help brands build online communities who help drive measurable business goals. We make it easy for our clients to let their customers share opinions, knowledge, and experiences.
Bazaarvoice is an open, creative and collaborative culture, where passion and excellence rule. You have the opportunity to work within a world-class organization bringing cutting-edge interfaces and functionality to market on leading eCommerce sites. Great ideas can come from anywhere. We're looking for imaginative people who want to be a part of the conversation and have an impact on the future of social commerce.
Support Bazaarvoice with Social Media services