DevOps Engineer - Cloud Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
As a DevOps Engineer you will work closely with our development team to provide high availability services to Splunk Storm users. You will provide input on and execute security and deployment practices, scaling and metrics, as well as running general day-to-day server management. You must have the ability to think quickly on your feet and respond diligently to on and off-duty alerts. Your work will be mission-critical to every Splunk Storm user!
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Design, scaling out, and maintaining Splunk Storm Cloud-based infrastructure
- Design and write code to develop and maintain systems which power Splunk multi-tenant services hosted in the public cloud
- Developing Scripts and application to automate system deployment scaling and infrastructure
- Implement horizontally scaled out systems, which allow thousands of concurrent Splunk users
- Build deployment, management and monitoring systems using â€œinfrastructure as codeâ€ tools and techniques
- Implementing zero-downtime production pushes. Provide fanatical production support for applications and infrastructure (including taking part in 24Ã-7 on-call rotation)
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5+ years software development experience
- Expert-level Linux system administration skills, Ubuntu Linux a plus
- Knowledge of monitoring (e.g., Cloudkick, Cloudwatch, Splunk, etc.) and configuration management tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Hosted and cloud-based service experience
- Shell scripting and high level language expertise
- Exposure to Django, PostgreSQL, HAProxy is a plus
- EC2/AWS/S3 a plus
- We like Ruby and Python a lot .
- Understanding of both RDBMS and NoSQL approaches to data storage
- Previous experience in a high paced agile development environment using tools such as git, mercurial, Basecamp, Pivotal Tracker, etc.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has almost 3,000 customers in over 70 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 400 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, Commuter benefits, PTO and sick leave, 401K, 3 weeks vacation, 2 completely stacked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Monday and Bagel Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, bbqs, soccer, ski trips, on-site yoga classes, health fairs.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED